Coolant Mix(s) Ideas?

So i am planning to build my first custom loop (estimated time is 7 months) and i am trying to find tips and ticks now. One thing that worries me about building a custom loop is algae, corrosion, and oxidation and while i try to prohibit these situations from occurring (meaning less maintenance), i still have to worry about them. I am hoping to handle the corrosion and oxidation by selecting nickel plated copper and copper components (however things like the radiator might have brass fittings) i still need to find a way to kill algae so it wont grow in my loop.

So what type of coolant should i use or what should i mix with my coolant to kill algae? And can i still mix more things into pre-combined and pre-colored coolants?

Ive heard of people mixing things like antifreeze or bleach into their systems but what is the best to do? (i would prefer easier chemicals to handle if needed however if it wont do nearly as good of a job as more strong chemicals would, then please try to mention the two).

The Canadian Version Of Everything

-Made In Canada

3 minutes ago, Made In Canada said:

-SNIP-

Don't mix premixed coolants with biocides or other things as they already come with everything that is needed to prevent growth in the loops. Properly cleaning the loop and setting it up with a good premix would keep the loop good for at least 12months in most cases or longer. 

8 minutes ago, W-L said:

Don't mix premixed coolants with biocides or other things as they already come with everything that is needed to prevent growth in the loops. Properly cleaning the loop and setting it up with a good premix would keep the loop good for at least 12months in most cases or longer. 

Thank You for the quick reply.

Not that im not okay with cleaning out my loop (i just would prefer not having to and would rather have more of an option to), but i would not mind having it be good for a long time (possibly to the point of not needing to clean it due to algae but to clean it because i want to change the color or something).

Is this possible?

-Made In Canada

2 minutes ago, Made In Canada said:

Thank You for the quick reply.

Not that im not okay with cleaning out my loop (i just would prefer not having to and would rather have more of an option to), but i would not mind having it be good for a long time (possibly to the point of not needing to clean it due to algae but to clean it because i want to change the color or something).

Is this possible?

If your changing colors you will want to break down the loop and thoroughly clean everything including any soft tubing to ensure it doesn't leech color into the new fluids. In terms of a fluid that doesn't stain or cause that a clear premix tends to be the best option. 

1 minute ago, W-L said:

If your changing colors you will want to break down the loop and thoroughly clean everything including any soft tubing to ensure it doesn't leech color into the new fluids. In terms of a fluid that doesn't stain or cause that a clear premix tends to be the best option. 

the changing fluid was just an example but Thank You for explaining it as that might have been a later question haha.

So i guess dont worry about antifreeze or bleach then?

-Made In Canada

Just now, Made In Canada said:

the changing fluid was just an example but Thank You for explaining it as that might have been a later question haha.

So i guess dont worry about antifreeze or bleach then?

If your using premix no it doesn't require anything extra, and yeah bleach definitely a no as it oxidzeds metal. For cleaning your best bet is to use hot/warm water and vinegar solution if you beak down the loop.

9 minutes ago, W-L said:

If your using premix no it doesn't require anything extra, and yeah bleach definitely a no as it oxidzeds metal. For cleaning your best bet is to use hot/warm water and vinegar solution if you beak down the loop.

Alright, Thank You for all the help and advise.

-Made In Canada

Antifreeze also doesn't have any biocides in it as fluid temps in cars get well over 200F regularly. (which kills anything growing in the sytem)

I have been using Mayhems X1 coolants for years. Red, green, black, silver, orange, yellow etc. I have never had a growth or corrosion problem in any of my loops.