New Razer Blade Release Date

Go to solution Solved by OldFart,

I emailed support and received a fast turnaround - my assumption was correct.  the 4/25 date remains for the first batch of pre-orders.  The date on the website is shown for pre-orders made now.

Anyone know when the new Blade 14 is going to be released? They say that it is going ship on March 31, but then when that date neared, they said it would ship on April 25. When that date neared, they changed it now to May 13.  The website says "Available for Pre-order. Ships on 13th May 2016".  Is this just a big scheme where Razer is just trying to get a bunch of people to preorder and then push the release date back so they have a lot of preorders before they even start its production? 

never pre-order /thread

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

7 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

never pre-order /thread

How come?

why put your money on a product that you dont even know how it performs yet?

best to just wait for reviews and what not

6 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

why put your money on a product that you dont even know how it performs yet?

best to just wait for reviews and what not

Good point. What would you recommend instead of the new Blade 14? I kind of need one soon

6 minutes ago, Gyawdyr said:

Good point. What would you recommend instead of the new Blade 14? I kind of need one soon

whats your budget?

Thread moved to Laptops and Pre-Built Systems.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

28 minutes ago, Gyawdyr said:

if your looking at a the New Blade guessing you have a kinda high budget, id reccomend a Dell xps 15 or 13 for workstation laptops, and for gaming id say full tower p... sorry Msi gt 80 980m sli

Selling a MSI GTX 550ti in stockholm sweden or looking for free pc parts in Stockholm sweden

35 minutes ago, Messisan321 said:

Msi gt 80 980m sli

Wadafak. No, this thing is a waste of money.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

6 hours ago, Gyawdyr said:

Anyone know when the new Blade 14 is going to be released? They say that it is going ship on March 31, but then when that date neared, they said it would ship on April 25. When that date neared, they changed it now to May 13.  The website says "Available for Pre-order. Ships on 13th May 2016".  Is this just a big scheme where Razer is just trying to get a bunch of people to preorder and then push the release date back so they have a lot of preorders before they even start its production? 

My pre-order still says 25 April -- I am guessing the backlog of pre-orders is such that the original production allotment is filled and the second allotment is set for shipping on 13 May.  Not entirely sure what the issue is otherwise.

I emailed support and received a fast turnaround - my assumption was correct.  the 4/25 date remains for the first batch of pre-orders.  The date on the website is shown for pre-orders made now.

11 hours ago, exercutor5 said:

Wadafak. No, this thing is a waste of money.

But, but mechanical keyboard inside the laptop, and a you also get a broken back with it for free

Selling a MSI GTX 550ti in stockholm sweden or looking for free pc parts in Stockholm sweden

8 hours ago, OldFart said:

Nice. You mind telling us how it is when you get it?

9 hours ago, Gyawdyr said:

Nice. You mind telling us how it is when you get it?

uhhh sure -- but given the laptop it's replacing is a model year 2009 second generation Macbook Air with a single USB-2 port and 1G of RAM and loaded with bootcamp / Windows Vista, I expect the answer will be drooltastic no matter how it performs. :)

On 4/20/2016 at 2:30 AM, Gyawdyr said:

I got an email this morning that the ship date has been moved again to May 18th.

-Srdiv4

17 hours ago, Srdiv4 said:

I got an email this morning that the ship date has been moved again to May 18th.

I concur - same here; moved to May 18th.  woo-hoo!  Time is nearly here :)