Blue screen after new ram installation

Hello guys i just bought hyperx ddr3 1866 hz 2x8 gb and i have msi z97 motherboard with an intel i5 4460 processor and when i installed my new ram i got blue screen when i started the computer image.png

1% m8... lol update your bios, check msi's site for compatibility, make sure the cards are in the proper corresponding slots.

Its automatic, just press this button!

1. Test the RAM in another PC

2. Swap RAM slots

3. Reset BIOS

4. Check RAM voltage compatibility

The Internet is invented by cats. Why? Why else would it have so much cat videos?

1 minute ago, mrgooglegeek said:

1% m8... lol update your bios, check msi's site for compatibility, make sure the cards are in the proper corresponding slots.

And make sure they are all fully seated. I was getting blue screens when i swapped my RAM and they weren't all seated properly. 

http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fKvV3C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 5820K | MSI X99S SLI Krait Edition | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4-2666mhz | EVGA Titan X Hybrid | Fractal Design Define R5 | Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD | Samsung 850-EVO Series 250GB SSD | Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair AX860 | Acer Predator XB270HU | Corsair H100i GTX | Corsair K70 RGB w/Cherry MX Browns | Corsair M65 RGB | Audio-Technica ATH-M50X | Windows 10 |

A blue screen isn't necessarilly linked to just ram, if you have the error code in question it could be the ram, but also could be almost anything else in the system. So knowing what error is key to solving the issue.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

7 minutes ago, dditty said:

And make sure they are all fully seated. I was getting blue screens when i swapped my RAM and they weren't all seated properly. 

it is compatible and know that it fits

If you only get the bsd on the first boot with new ram then your all good. Windows is a bit of a cry baby.

-アパゾ

1 minute ago, APasz said:

If you only get the bsd on the first boot with new ram then your all good. Windows is a bit of a cry baby.

well what should i do i get the same bluescreen all the time how do i get rid of it

and how do i update bios ?? im a bit of a newbie when it comes to bios and stuff 

12 minutes ago, Huntsman said:

1. Test the RAM in another PC

2. Swap RAM slots

3. Reset BIOS

4. Check RAM voltage compatibility

dont have another pc i already tryed swapping rams 

how do i reset bios ?

Ram voltage is switching between 1.5 and 1.6 something

1 minute ago, hampan2000 said:

well what should i do i get the same bluescreen all the time how do i get rid of it

Then check that the ram is seated properly and in the correct slots.

Failing that, check that the bios is up to date.

I don't have a MSI mobo so I not sure about how they do it but basically, go to the msi site and download the latest version for your mobo, put it on a usb drive, go into the bios and find the update bios option. To be safe find a guide online that outlines the steps for your mobo.

-アパゾ

Then check that the ram is seated properly and in the correct slots.

Failing that, check that the bios is up to date.

I don't have a MSI mobo so I not sure about how they do it but basically, go to the msi site and download the latest version for your mobo, put it on a usb drive, go into the bios and find the update bios option. To be safe find a guide online that outlines the steps for your mobo.

i dont have another pc to download something from and i only got a 2gb usb stick

i dont have another pc to download something from and i only got a 2gb usb stick

Does the old ram work? If so chuck that in to download the bios update and a 2gb drive is plenty.

-アパゾ

Does the old ram work? If so chuck that in to download the bios update and a 2gb drive is plenty.

well i tried the other ram to but just by a sudden it started to give bluescreen to

My old build I had to firmly press in the ram all the way into the slots, even when I heard the clicks it still wanted to be pushed in a bit more.

I would bsd randomly all the time before I figured that out.

With the old ram in, clear the cmos which will reset the bios to default settings and may let windows boot correctly.

I don't know which mobo you've got but there may be a clear switch on the real IO panel, press that in and boot. If no button, remove the watch battery and let it sit for 30 seconds then boot, turn off, put battery back in and boot.

-アパゾ

27 minutes ago, APasz said:

With the old ram in, clear the cmos which will reset the bios to default settings and may let windows boot correctly.

I don't know which mobo you've got but there may be a clear switch on the real IO panel, press that in and boot. If no button, remove the watch battery and let it sit for 30 seconds then boot, turn off, put battery back in and boot.

what does cmos stand for ? the clock watch battery i understand xD

32 minutes ago, APasz said:

and any goodbtip to remove the clock    battery ??

and any goodbtip to remove the clock    battery ??

nvm

3 minutes ago, hampan2000 said:

what does cmos stand for ? the clock watch battery i understand xD

36 minutes ago, APasz said:

ok now i updated bios with the latest updates and removed the clock battery and put it in again after inrestarted the pc still getting the bluescreen but i dont know what the cmos is 

CMOS is the system that keeps the clock going when the computer unplugged. I forgot to mention that when you remove the battery, also remove the powercord and let it sit for 30 seconds.

Some, not all mobo's have a clear square button on the back panel that will reset the settings in the bios, it's to avoid the hassle of removing the battery, unplugging and having it sit. Instead the CMOS button does the same thing but on a software level.

If after all this it still isn't working, your windows install have really crapped itself and thus needs to be recovered. As rare as it is these days, it still happens and is always a possibility that can occur.

-アパゾ

2 hours ago, hampan2000 said:

here is the blue screen

image.png

The 0x7b stop code is for an inaccessible boot drive not the ram.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/324103

Edited by SLAYR
Spelling

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •