Next certification I should work on?

Hi everybody,

I am just about to take my CompTIA A+ test certification in a couple of weeks and I am trying to pick people's brains on what I should work on next.

I enjoy hardware and software more than networking. I don't enjoy databases. I am a computer science student who graduates in a couple of months.

I don't want to do programming. 

I think I could ideally see myself as like a elevated Systems Admin or maybe even working with a device manufacturer in terms of consulting: hard drives, memory, etc. 

A friend has recommended the CCNA for networking cred and I definitely understand how that would be useful for an employer. Microsoft certifications were another recommendation.

Are there any certs you might recommend that would fulfill my desire work more with hardware and software?

Thanks for any advice you could give. 

ASRock B550M PG RIPTIDE       Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4             TEAMGROUP MP33 1 TB NVME SSD

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X                   Antec DF700 Case                                 MSI Radeon RX 580 4 GB ARMOR OC

If you don;t enjoy networking, not sure why anyone would recommend CCNA :P MCSE is a good start.  ITIL is starting to be valued at least where I am.  Cloud computing certs are highly valued too.  AWS-CSA, CompTIA Cloud+, MCSE:Private Cloud.

This is a good resource for IT education and certification.

http://www.tomsitpro.com/articles/best-it-certifications,1-1352.html

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Don't like networking or programming eh? As long as you know the foundations of networking you should be fine.

MCSA or MCSE are valuable if you're interested in servers. You could also play around with Linux Server certs to help build your server knowledge.

1 minute ago, SkepticKrab said:

Don't like networking or programming eh? As long as you know the foundations of networking you should be fine.

MCSA or MCSE are valuable if you're interested in servers. You could also play around with Linux Server certs to help build your server knowledge.

I don't dislike networking, I just feel my aptitude is more strongly in the hardware/software camp. Same with programming. 

The MCSE has popped up a few times now from people's recommendations. I think that's probably what I will go for if people keep mentioning it. I wouldn't mind learning more about servers. 

ASRock B550M PG RIPTIDE       Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4             TEAMGROUP MP33 1 TB NVME SSD

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X                   Antec DF700 Case                                 MSI Radeon RX 580 4 GB ARMOR OC

I am also gearing up to take the CompTIA A+ certification in a few weeks (self-teaching through websites and Professor Messer). Thanks for the tips! I work in education so I think a Microsoft cert would be the next logical one, any other recommendations? I want to eventually get a Masters degree in educational technology and find a position working in a school district overseeing tech or something

http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fKvV3C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 5820K | MSI X99S SLI Krait Edition | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4-2666mhz | EVGA Titan X Hybrid | Fractal Design Define R5 | Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD | Samsung 850-EVO Series 250GB SSD | Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair AX860 | Acer Predator XB270HU | Corsair H100i GTX | Corsair K70 RGB w/Cherry MX Browns | Corsair M65 RGB | Audio-Technica ATH-M50X | Windows 10 |