Running new Coax Cable, Need Help

Hey everyone, Ive been using power-line adapters for the last 6 or so months, with the top speeds being 40/12 via power-line (and 140/12 on WiFi, the salt is so strong), I found a coax input on my wall (painted over, nice touch huh?). After unscrewing it from the wall i discovered that whatever genius put it in decided to cut the cord in half after running it through the wall (it just keeps getting better). There's a wall panel near it so I was thinking id be able to access the cable through there and run a new one. Is that even possible/a good idea? all this would be done so i could get a coax to Ethernet adapter and have the connection im paying for.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Do people even google anymore lol

it is possible, kind of like small set of cable modem, you can probably find a cheaper pair but if I'm not mistaken you're looking for something this. Depending on the wiring though, its possible you could use that coax line to pull through/lead some cat5e.

http://www.tomtop.com/eoc-ethernet-extender-over-coax-with-2km-transmission-distance-for-ip-security-cctv-camera-s684.html?currency=USD&lang=en&aid=gpla&gclid=CjwKEAjwi9K4BRCQzq7d1c6A_XASJABueAO2LFeLE84BTeHBedER04_6uM9-FtTT1dlCu03viCTWUBoCwzjw_wcB

_/ V\
                  / /  /
                <<    |
                ,/    ]
              ,/      ]
            ,/        |
           /    \  \ /
          /      | | |
    ______|   __/_/| |
   /_______\______}\__}  

Spoiler

[i7-7700k@5Ghz | MSI Z270 M7 | 16GB 3000 GEIL EVOX | STRIX ROG 1060 OC 6G | EVGA G2 650W | ROSEWILL B2 SPIRIT | SANDISK 256GB M2 | 4x 1TB Seagate Barracudas RAID 10 ]

[i3-4360 | mini-itx potato | 4gb DDR3-1600 | 8tb wd red | 250gb seagate| Debian 9 ]

[Dell Inspiron 15 5567] 

1 minute ago, RedWulf said:

Do people even google anymore lol

it is possible, kind of like small set of cable modem, you can probably find a cheaper pair but if I'm not mistaken you're looking for something this. Depending on the wiring though, its possible you could use that coax line to pull through/lead some cat5e.

http://www.tomtop.com/eoc-ethernet-extender-over-coax-with-2km-transmission-distance-for-ip-security-cctv-camera-s684.html?currency=USD&lang=en&aid=gpla&gclid=CjwKEAjwi9K4BRCQzq7d1c6A_XASJABueAO2LFeLE84BTeHBedER04_6uM9-FtTT1dlCu03viCTWUBoCwzjw_wcB

Not what i was looking for actually, I was asking if i could replace a coax cable that already went through the wall but was severed.

10 minutes ago, zipperbiscuits said:

Not what i was looking for actually, I was asking if i could replace a coax cable that already went through the wall but was severed.

You could. Keep in mind that if this is going to be hooked up to your main coax network, you will also need a premises filter on your main line coming in from your cable company. This is to stop your Moca network from escaping. You need to make sure your splitters are bi directional and make sure you do not have too many in line. Moca 2.0 offers speeds up to 800Mbps, however in practice you get about 400Mbps. This is due to the fact Moca is half duplex. If wireless isnt doing you justice then I feel this would, also consider the fact Coax was developed to carry data. Power lines were not. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

12 minutes ago, zipperbiscuits said:

Ah sorry I skimmed too quickly 

You can, some short runs you can actually just pull through the wall, simple attach the new cable to the end of the old and move it through. However, some longs runs you'll need to get into the crawlspace for and feed the cable and just follow the old cable. 

You could try to terminate the ends though, cut it cleanly a inch or two back and add a new end.

_/ V\
                  / /  /
                <<    |
                ,/    ]
              ,/      ]
            ,/        |
           /    \  \ /
          /      | | |
    ______|   __/_/| |
   /_______\______}\__}  

Spoiler

[i7-7700k@5Ghz | MSI Z270 M7 | 16GB 3000 GEIL EVOX | STRIX ROG 1060 OC 6G | EVGA G2 650W | ROSEWILL B2 SPIRIT | SANDISK 256GB M2 | 4x 1TB Seagate Barracudas RAID 10 ]

[i3-4360 | mini-itx potato | 4gb DDR3-1600 | 8tb wd red | 250gb seagate| Debian 9 ]

[Dell Inspiron 15 5567]