Big USB thumb drive search

Huntsman

I'm looking for a thumb drive that is of recent model and big sized. It's okay if it's non-functional as I only want the shell. Less than 3 bucks if possible.

Looking around ebay there's only kingston drives which are too small for my use. I intend to fit some electronics inside it for a prank. Also I needed the finished product to fool people into thinking that is is an expensive large capacity thumb drive.

Thanks in advance!

The Internet is invented by cats. Why? Why else would it have so much cat videos?

2 hours ago, Huntsman said:

I'm looking for a thumb drive that is of recent model and big sized. It's okay if it's non-functional as I only want the shell. Less than 3 bucks if possible.

Looking around ebay there's only kingston drives which are too small for my use. I intend to fit some electronics inside it for a prank. Also I needed the finished product to fool people into thinking that is is an expensive large capacity thumb drive.

Thanks in advance!

You could always get 3d print a large case or one and copy the writing and such onto it, and then you could design it to fit the electronics as well, most usb drives are meant to be really small unless you use an external usb drive enclosure for a 2.5 inch drive.

For 3d printing you do not need a personal 3d printer to print things as there are online companies that you send the file to and then they send the product back.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

4 hours ago, SLAYR said:

You could always get 3d print a large case or one and copy the writing and such onto it, and then you could design it to fit the electronics as well, most usb drives are meant to be really small unless you use an external usb drive enclosure for a 2.5 inch drive.

For 3d printing you do not need a personal 3d printer to print things as there are online companies that you send the file to and then they send the product back.

hmm.. I thought about using external HDD enclosures but I don't think people would instinctively plug it into their PC.

I do have a 3D printer.. but the print quality does not match the usual moulded plastic in terms of smoothness and might foil my plan xD

The Internet is invented by cats. Why? Why else would it have so much cat videos?

33 minutes ago, Charger said:

Maybe look for like a wireless card or something. What do you plan to put in it.

Wireless card? You mean like those USB wireless adapters? How do I make it look like a thumb drive?

I have 3 plans,

1. A very loud buzzer/screamer to scare the shit outta anyone who plugs it in.

2. USB killer... improved version

3. Fireworks shoots out the back when plugged in

I am a very bored electronics engineering student muahahahaha

39 minutes ago, Huntsman said:

Wireless card? You mean like those USB wireless adapters? How do I make it look like a thumb drive?

I have 3 plans,

1. A very loud buzzer/screamer to scare the shit outta anyone who plugs it in.

3. Fireworks shoots out the back when plugged in

I am a very bored electronics engineering student muahahahaha

well the usb killer would fit in most flash drives so would a micro controller acting as a hid if you wanted to fuck with them that way. I would not really recommend the usb killer or the fireworks since nothing good can really come from that. 

some usb wireless adapters kind of just look like bulky flash drives.

41 minutes ago, Huntsman said:

You mean the 250V battery that looks like usb drive to completely kill anything it is plugged into. Not a great idea to mess around with for a prank unless you feel like paying for people's computers.

But you could make one of the usb  drives that enters random keystrokes, and mouse clicks to screw with people.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

1 hour ago, SLAYR said:

You mean the 250V battery that looks like usb drive to completely kill anything it is plugged into. Not a great idea to mess around with for a prank unless you feel like paying for people's computers.

But you could make one of the usb  drives that enters random keystrokes, and mouse clicks to screw with people.

no need for a battery you can do it with caps and boost circuit that will charge off the usb power

also i would go with the usb hid to mess with people as well.

Hmm today I arrived at school swarming with fire engines. Apparently the server room caught on fire. Guess somebody must have played the USB killer prank before I did lol

hmm.. is there anyway for a HID device to max out the PC volume then repeatedly play beeping sounds or error buzz?

There probably is, but any decent protection sofware will protect (or should) against that.

Btw, how can you take the USB killer as a "prank"?

10 hours ago, Train27 said:

There probably is, but any decent protection sofware will protect (or should) against that.

Btw, how can you take the USB killer as a "prank"?

It's a harmless prank when the environment is controlled. Was planning to get a few old PCs and have a friend help "verify" the condition of PC. Tell them that all the software is inside USB. That kinda thing. It's his birthday next month.