Need Help with Office Prank

ninjapants

Backstory:

We have a fairly unbusy (?) period in our office at the moment, so losing a few minutes for some fun is not a big deal right now. I thought I would prank my colleague by connecting a keyboard to his PC and holding ctrl while he is scrolling or typing and hold alt when he is clicking, things like that, but when I locked his PC with Win+L for the second time he figured out I was messing with him. He found the usb connector and unplugged it.

Problem:

So now I need a new method, without cables or dongles, I was thinking about software, but I cannot install anything that requires Administrator privileges on his PC. I can install pretty much anything on mine.

Any Suggestions?

CPU: Intel i7-6700K @4.8Ghz - MB: ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Ranger - RAM: 2x8GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4@2400Mhz - GPU: EVGA FTW GeForce GTX1080 - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB - HDD: Seagate Desktop HDD 3TB, bunch of old WD 500GB drives, old WD green 1.5TB - Case: AeroCool Mechatron - PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750 750W - Display: iijama ProLite B2712HDS 27" 1080p Display - Cooling: Enermax Liqmax II 240 - Keyboard: Corsair K70 Cherry-MX Brown - Mouse: Corsair M65 FPS Gunmetal Black - Sound: Logitech X230

Just now, TheRomanSenate said:

stapler suspended in jello

Thank you for that reference sir. Unfortunately this is a PC-only working environment :(

CPU: Intel i7-6700K @4.8Ghz - MB: ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Ranger - RAM: 2x8GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4@2400Mhz - GPU: EVGA FTW GeForce GTX1080 - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB - HDD: Seagate Desktop HDD 3TB, bunch of old WD 500GB drives, old WD green 1.5TB - Case: AeroCool Mechatron - PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750 750W - Display: iijama ProLite B2712HDS 27" 1080p Display - Cooling: Enermax Liqmax II 240 - Keyboard: Corsair K70 Cherry-MX Brown - Mouse: Corsair M65 FPS Gunmetal Black - Sound: Logitech X230

unplug 8 pin connector watch the computer boot cycle a few times and they'll freak

won't hurt the computer

won't hurt the computer

could also unplug the sata data cable

could also unplug the sata data cable

They'll think they lost all their data, but suprize!

They'll think they lost all their data, but suprize!

Play it off like you fixed it.

*Laptop :(

It will have to be something software-related unfortunately. I was hoping the remote access that is included in windows can help me...

4 minutes ago, ninjapants said:

*Laptop :(

It will have to be something software-related unfortunately. I was hoping the remote access that is included in windows can help me...

Do you have access to the laptop like password and all?

Also for how long would you have access before it becomes obvious?

1 minute ago, TheRomanSenate said:

Local user password, yes. administrator privileges, no.

Also for how long would you have access before it becomes obvious?

I could probably get a few minutes if I am lucky.

You might be able to change the text size for windows to something huge or really small.

I'm assuming windows vista or 7?

I'm assuming windows vista or 7?

1 minute ago, ninjapants said:

Local user password, yes. administrator privileges, no.

I could probably get a few minutes if I am lucky.

you should be able to turn on text to speech at least then max the volume.

you should be able to turn on text to speech at least then max the volume.

also set it to super fast if possible

also set it to super fast if possible

sometimes you can change the time depending on privileges, so I'd set the clock to just about an hour off either earlier or later 

You might also be able to switch the keyboard to Dvorak or change the language to Russian or something. 

At my office, there are usually large-scale pranks being carried out (you know, slow-burn is the best) but if you want something that's going to hit quickly, tape the loose things on the victim's desk to the ceiling (folders, keyboard, mouse, filing system, whatever tickles your fancy). The key to it is the more childish and petty, the better becasue it's no fun going to work every day on the same train, meeting with the same people then liasing with the same people on a daily basis. You always need variation in your life. Usually, after a funny prank, the office productivity will go up. My friend tells me of this office that he used to work in where pranks were actually encouraged but then he said that it got a little out of hand.

1. Change the keyboard layout to Dvorak.
  2. Enable AutoCorrect in the text editor you use (Word or whatever) and add some funny auto complete words. Don't make it too subtle though. It would be bad if your coworker doesn't notice. Make it type some words in leetspeak or something.
  3. Open a program, make it a fairly small window, take a screenshot and then set that as the background. It will look like the program is open, but it can't be closed.
  4. Change their home page to something else.

I'll usually just flip their screen upside down with CTRL+ALT+Down Arrow. Just a friendly reminder they should lock their computer when it's out of sight.