Best 120/128 Gig SSD for Under 50 $

iPC

Hi, I was wondering what your thoughts on the best value under 50$ 120/128 gigabyte ssd are. Im building a pc, and I had to cut back on cost, so im going with an <50$ ssd. What is the fastest one for <50$? Thank you!

11 minutes ago, iPC said:

Hi, I was wondering what your thoughts on the best value under 50$ 120/128 gigabyte ssd are. Im building a pc, and I had to cut back on cost, so im going with an <50$ ssd. What is the fastest one for <50$? Thank you!

generally speaking if you're on a tight budget, an SSD is not a wise choice if you can use and money and upgrade the cpu or gpu (if your cpu is not an i5 and the gpu is not an r9 390 or equivalent yet)

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

7 hours ago, Moonzy said:

generally speaking if you're on a tight budget, an SSD is not a wise choice if you can use and money and upgrade the cpu or gpu (if your cpu is not an i5 and the gpu is not an r9 390 or equivalent yet)

I have to save money because im getting a 6700K and a GTX 1080 when it comes out.

1 minute ago, iPC said:

I have to save money because im getting a 6700K and a GTX 1080 when it comes out.

if you can afford a 6700k and a 1080 then get a good ssd like the 850 evo

build a balanced system

dont tell me you're going to power your rig with a corsair CX600M psu next `-`

1 minute ago, Moonzy said:

if you can afford a 6700k and a 1080 then get a good ssd like the 850 evo

build a balanced system

dont tell me you're going to power your rig with a corsair CX600M psu next `-`

Its an EVGA G1 750W 80+ Gold and do you think that the ssd zeusX1 mentioned will be good enough?

1 minute ago, iPC said:

Its an EVGA G1 750W 80+ Gold and do you think that the ssd zeusX1 mentioned will be good enough?

try and get the g2, and 650w should do just fine

the 750 evo is not that new and  dont know much about mushkin ssd quality, but i guess they're fine, but reliability is an issue i suppose

just dont cheap out on the parts `-` if you cant afford a 850 evo then save up and buy an ssd later, one can be added anytime anyway

1 minute ago, Moonzy said:

try and get the g2, and 650w should do just fine

the 750 evo is not that new and  dont know much about mushkin ssd quality, but i guess they're fine, but reliability is an issue i suppose

just dont cheap out on the parts `-` if you cant afford a 850 evo then save up and buy an ssd later, one can be added anytime anyway

2 things: I might want to go sli later, and Im going to install OS on ssd. Thank you!