Razer Hate

JoeGuyMan

So I have noticed that a lot of people bash Razer. I am looking for reasons why they are not as liked as most brands. Not looking for a flame war, keep it civil. I personally have not had a single issue with any Razer product I have owned.

QC is questionable. My friend had problems with his chroma after 3 months. Their mouse pads are good though. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

I like their products and the design, but it's definitely QC

i've never had a peripheral ever break on me, and I've had three broken razor products (all within 3 months) 

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

3 minutes ago, JoeGuyMan said:

So I have noticed that a lot of people bash Razer. I am looking for reasons why they are not as liked as most brands. Not looking for a flame war, keep it civil. I personally have not had a single issue with any Razer product I have owned.

Because we own them and we've had issues with them

Razer stuff is just overpriced. Their keyboards use cheaper kahil switches but are the same price as say a k70 with cherry switches. Their headsets are like all other headsets, twice the price as a similar quality headphone For basically just a mic. I have no personal experience with their mice but ive heard stories of their QC

Altair - Firestrike: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/13945459

CPU:  i7-4790 @ 3.6 GHz Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M-DS3H-A RAM: 16GB @ 1600MHz CL11 GPU: XFX RX 470 RS Storage: ADATA SP550 240GB | WD Blue 1TB | Toshiba 2TB PSU: EVGA B2 750W Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Fans: Phanteks PH-F200SP (Front) | Phanteks PH-F140SP (Rear) | Noctua NF-A15 (Top)

Mouse: Logitech G502 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown | Audio: Sennheiser HD 558

3 minutes ago, Octavialicious said:

I like their products and the design, but it's definitely QC

i've never had a peripheral ever break on me, and I've had three broken razor products (all within 3 months) 

What products died, and how was their customer service?

Just now, JoeGuyMan said:

What products died, and how was their customer service?

Razer Tiamat Headset was DOA, Razer Kraken 7.1 + Razer Naga Hex both broke within 3 months

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

They have too much overpriced stuff that just doesn't perform very well. The only time when I would even consider razer stuff would be maybe one of their rebranded cases for a black/green build. Otherwise, for peripherals, just get some corsair stuff. Much better value and definitely more durable and with much better customer service.

3-400 bux in keyboards and mice and they die within 4 months lol

not very durable lol

its the quality. I was a razer fan for a long time but that has now changed thanks to their QC and they're designs. I still own a working original death adder, naga, kraken 7.1 chroma, and black widow. But now i've moved on to other brands. like corsair where their keyboards are sooooo much better and higher quality. I use a mixture of what I can get for the price and razer doesn't fall into that area anymore. I really wish they would go back to how they used to be but now they don't care about quality anymore and focus on just putting garbage out and putting their used to be fucking awesome name to it.

4 hours ago, JoeGuyMan said:

• Lots of people who had products with quality issues
  • Razer Synapse.
  • Changing from Cherry MX to Kailh on their keyboards and raising the prices
  • Re-releasing products with RGB and retiring the non-RGB models
  • Re-releasing the DeathAdder about 700 times with minor changes each time
  • Re-releasing the Diamondback as an overpriced mouse.
  • The RGB mousepad
  • Most recently, a 400$ graphics card enclosure for the Blade Stealth

Mind you, Razer isn't all bad:

• DeathAdder is a good mouse if it doesn't break.
  • Goliathus is a good mousepad.
  • Razer Blade is pretty good for the price.
  • Cortex is a neat piece of software. I hear that Comms is also good.

I own and use, sorted from newest to oldest: SteelSeries 6Gv2. Microsoft SideWinder X4. Mionix Naos 7000. Zowie EC1 Evo. Microsoft SideWinder X8. Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0. Dell U2414H. Samsung P2270H. AKG K273 Pro. Sennheiser HD555. Razer Goliathus Speed Medium. Func 1030 L. Qpad CT Medium.

I used to own: Razer DeathAdder 3G. Razer Krait. IntelliMouse Optical 1.1. SteelSeries QcK.