3 SSIDs?

ZeroPlasm

Anyone knows what this D-Link_Wireless SSID is for? My SSIDs are "dlink-1218" and "dlink-1218-5GHz".

Every time I connect to this network, it just shows up at the 5GHz one in connections manager.

Only my laptop and desktop could see this SSID though. My phone and brother's desktop was not able to detect this.

Is it like... For concurrent dual band or something?

Screenshot (1).png

Screenshot (2).png

Screenshot (3).png

I would first work out if it is your D-link router or someone else's. If you unplug your router for example, does it stick around or disappear? If it is confirmed it is from your router, then you need to poke around the settings and see what it is for. For example, my router is able to create multiple IDs so you can assign them to different groups e.g. one for yourself, and another for guest access with different limits applied.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

Some routers have a "guest" network you (or your ISP if the router is theirs) can activate. To be sure if the SSID is yours, just unplug the router and check which names disappear from the list.

Does d-link not provide a web UI to manage the router? at 192.160.0.1 or the respective ip to your network

_/ V\
                  / /  /
                <<    |
                ,/    ]
              ,/      ]
            ,/        |
           /    \  \ /
          /      | | |
    ______|   __/_/| |
   /_______\______}\__}  

Spoiler

[i7-7700k@5Ghz | MSI Z270 M7 | 16GB 3000 GEIL EVOX | STRIX ROG 1060 OC 6G | EVGA G2 650W | ROSEWILL B2 SPIRIT | SANDISK 256GB M2 | 4x 1TB Seagate Barracudas RAID 10 ]

[i3-4360 | mini-itx potato | 4gb DDR3-1600 | 8tb wd red | 250gb seagate| Debian 9 ]

[Dell Inspiron 15 5567] 

My Dlink router has up to 4 SSID's. Each band and Each bands Guest Access. Log in to your router and see if your guest network is on. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

I really don't think its a guest network. My Galaxy S6 could not see this SSID and neither can other devices in the house. Only thing that sees this extra D-Link_Wireless SSID is my desktop and Asus UX305

Maybe a media server. I know my router has that option too. Its for sharing things via the USB port on your router. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.