DBrand Supplied Review Products

After watching LTT videos for a couple of years now and I have noticed that for a while that phones and some laptops, namely the XPS 15 and then today the blade stealth (at least on vessel, I haven't checked youtube) have all come from or have at least been passed through DBrand before getting to Linus.

Are the products themselves being supplied by DBrand themselves, or is Linus having them "fed through" DBrand to get a cool looking version. I'd find it weird that he would request or get offered review samples of products from a skinning company over the product manufacturer. Is it purely an advertisement thing or have all mobile product companies decided to boycott LTT (The latter of two is a joke before people take this too seriously)

I know that almost all people are unlikely to know the answer to this (Unless it's been mentioned on social media and I've just missed it) so here's to hoping that one of the LTT team members reads this post.

Also anyone else hoping for a HP spectre review sample? Maybe even in a DBrand skin :P

3 minutes ago, BlackRogue said:

SNIP

DBrand will send him the products most likely

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Am I the only one who finds this weird? I mean is he not being offered review samples? Or is he getting offered review samples from the manufacturer and is just refusing them in favour of the DBrand versions for that sexy vinyl feeling?

I think it's half and half. In last year's scrap yard wars, dbrand sponsored the laptops they used for looking for the parts. 

I'm almost  sure Linus uses the dbrand skin in his z5 compact because he likes it.