Doom open beta

JBIZZL3Y
12 hours ago, 0ld_Chicken said:

I played a good 4 hours today and really enjoyed it.  I dont even usually play multiplayer games and I've been loving it.  Most any gripe that I have with it is because it is in beta and has already been addressed as features that will be in the full game (SLI support, unlocked FPS, single player).  Some matches can be a bit frustrating but overall they seem rather well balanced and once you get the hang of things, everything is even between players which I appreciate over some multiplayer games that give perks to higher ranked players. 

I did notice that I was getting "one shot" blasted by people while I was at full health with armor (not by people using the gauss cannon) and it is actually a combo of the static rifle and the shotgun.  hit em with the rifle and then switch to the shotgun quick, melee if necessary  

dont get me started on the transporter, its great sneaking up on someone... while you are in a firefight with them :ph34r:

I'm down to play tomorrow evening if anyone is interested (6pm ish, central time US)    I think it ends tomorrow night?

@Centurius @JorenBus @Bouzoo @JurunceNK   @JBIZZL3Y

I've just got home and seen this.. i'm not sure when the beta finishes but if its still on ill be playing. let me know if you come on and ill DM you my steam handle!

1 hour ago, Bouzoo said:

I deleted it, exams and all, would like to play but time... :(

ahh thats a bummer.. good luck with the exams you can play when it releases in may!

Am i the only one disappointed by the beta?

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

57 minutes ago, Scruffy90 said:

Am i the only one disappointed by the beta?

I had no intentions of buying the game but I downloaded it anyways as my brother was coming to visit. We just traded a controller every time someone died and had fun for an hour or so. It's certainly lacking the degree of customization that COD/BF do but it was decent fun. Definitely won't buy it though.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

Played it for an hour, then uninstalled it. Super repetitive, super boring, back to War Thunder.

2 hours ago, AHaskin14 said:

I had no intentions of buying the game but I downloaded it anyways as my brother was coming to visit. We just traded a controller every time someone died and had fun for an hour or so. It's certainly lacking the degree of customization that COD/BF do but it was decent fun. Definitely won't buy it though.

1 hour ago, alphaproject said:

Played it for an hour, then uninstalled it. Super repetitive, super boring, back to War Thunder.

I think if it weren't titled Doom, id be ok with it. It's not a bad game objectively speaking. It's just not Doom

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

2 hours ago, Scruffy90 said:

I think if it weren't titled Doom, id be ok with it. It's not a bad game objectively speaking. It's just not Doom

I never played any of the originals so I guess I wouldn't relate.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

On 4/14/2016 at 1:45 AM, JBIZZL3Y said:

Hey everyone,

just trying to figure out how much interest there is in doom and if people here will be participating in the pc beta this weekend? (opens at like 5am U.K time) 

I've a mostly freed up weekend so i'm probably going to play the hell out of it! ;) 

I personally dont like the open beta. You cant adjust any graphical settings and I personally dont find any enjoyment in the game. Also, it's built on the ID tech engine, which is terrible and you cant record period

am i wrong thiddent steam promich a discount one doom When You by all the wolfenstein

You can record like I did... just use Nvidia, record desktop, alt tab in after u hit record... That's how I got my footage.

12 hours ago, alphaproject said:

You can record like I did... just use Nvidia, record desktop, alt tab in after u hit record... That's how I got my footage.

not available on mobile nvidea gpus.. unless there's a workaround? mostly it will let you record the application in full screen mode