Better Method For Camera Switching For Tear Down Stream

laquine

So I've watched all of Linus' live stream tear down builds and I can see the frustration he goes through with camera setups and just generally trying to switch between cameras. I've looked around on the forum and I haven't really seen anyone mention a good idea like mine but my suggestion was what if you programmed a key system like TechKeys ThreeKeyBoard or the Makey Makey? I've seen their videos on both systems and they seem like a perfect solution for this task. Hopefully they still have them in the office. Just an idea.... Wondering what the rest of the community thinks of this.

Main: AMD Ryzen 1600x | Custom Loop | Gigabyte Aorus X370 Gaming K5 | EVGA GTX 1070 Hybrid | Corsair 400C | 32GB (4X8GB) Corsair Vengeance Black DDR4 | Seasonic X-650 PSU | Samsung 960 EVO 256GB | Intel 520 240GB | Seagate Firecuda 1TB SSHD | Windows 10 Pro | LG 25UM58-P | Asus VS247H-P | Corsair Ironclaw RGB Mouse | Corsair Strafe Keyboard

Linus is lazy, thats pretty well why he hasnt done anything efficient with the maker makey and other programs listed. He would rather fight with something for 2 hours than rebuild something. Other than when hes dealing with windows he just re formats the entire thing lol

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

1 minute ago, Luc401 said:

Linus is lazy, thats pretty well why he hasnt done anything efficient with the maker makey and other programs listed. He would rather fight with something for 2 hours than rebuild something. Other than when hes dealing with windows he just re formats the entire thing lol

You know I was thinking that too. LOL. He could always get someone like Taran to program it. I know he's pretty busy too but I feel like he could code that in a matter of minutes.

Main: AMD Ryzen 1600x | Custom Loop | Gigabyte Aorus X370 Gaming K5 | EVGA GTX 1070 Hybrid | Corsair 400C | 32GB (4X8GB) Corsair Vengeance Black DDR4 | Seasonic X-650 PSU | Samsung 960 EVO 256GB | Intel 520 240GB | Seagate Firecuda 1TB SSHD | Windows 10 Pro | LG 25UM58-P | Asus VS247H-P | Corsair Ironclaw RGB Mouse | Corsair Strafe Keyboard

Just now, laquine said:

You know I was thinking that too. LOL. He could always get someone like Taran to program it. I know he's pretty busy too but I feel like he could code that in a matter of minutes.

He pays his video editing employees around ~29.50 (source here http://www.linusmediagroup.com/job-vacancies/ ) so dedicating someone to flip cameras for him or do something for him is not in the business interest.

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

Just now, Luc401 said:

He pays his video editing employees around ~29.50 (source here http://www.linusmediagroup.com/job-vacancies/ ) so dedicating someone to flip cameras for him or do something for him is not in the business interest.

No have someone do it for him. Just program something like the ThreeKeyBoard so that each key is set of each camera and then just tape it too the table so that Linus can switch when he wants instead of using a full size keyboard or even worse, the bluetooth keyboard that seems to be dying.

What do you think @LinusTech? Would this be possible?

I would just love them having producer for live content. Producer could do flipping of cameras on live builds/tear-downs. Producer could also take care of most difficulties with WAN Show. Like sound issues with intro/outro and their mics.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

15 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

I would just love them having producer for live content. Producer could do flipping of cameras on live builds/tear-downs. Producer could also take care of most difficulties with WAN Show. Like sound issues with intro/outro and their mics.

True it would be really nice but I also understand from Linus' point that its a lot of money to hire someone just for that job. Plus the rest of the editors are usually busy with their other duties so it would be almost impossible to add on another task to their workload. I work in a small maintenance shop so I understand the difficulties with added workloads as well as trying not to get overtime. Overtime pay is nice, but its better overall for the company to reduce costs like such.