Cloning Hard Drive For a Clean Install of Windows 10

YaBoiHuni
Go to solution Solved by icey,

You'd be making a backup of your files, excluding system files and system image. If you don't want a fresh install and simply want the drive cloned (provided there are no issues with file system and no issues with the current disk) then by all means clone it. There aren't many instances where you'd clone the drive over doing a fresh install.

So I'm wondering, Im going to do a fresh clean install of windows 10 and I want to transfer everything back, I have access to a premium acronis true image. Would i just clone the whole disk to one of my other hard drives, or would I make a small compressed backup that acronis has as well and then go to that back up and use that?

Sorry for the noobish question, I just havent done this in a while. :P

Thanks!

I'll leave a comment here because I want to know as well

why not just copy paste `-`

or do what i do

fresh install windows -> install drivers -> install frequently used softwares only

the whole point of fresh installing windows is to remove craps you dont want anyway lol

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

You'd be making a backup of your files, excluding system files and system image. If you don't want a fresh install and simply want the drive cloned (provided there are no issues with file system and no issues with the current disk) then by all means clone it. There aren't many instances where you'd clone the drive over doing a fresh install.

13 minutes ago, icey said:

Thank You!