High End Custom Gaming PC of 2013

Pakman

Hello Guys!

So as the title says it all that I'm planning to build a High-end Gaming PC probably the fastest so far not sure. However, I'm planning to put all this together by Q2-Q3 2013 depending on the arrival of Intel Haswell Processors if they offer Extreme Editions like current 3970X. Because with all my research so far what I can see and think that Haswell is more focused on mobility and I don't think they'll be that much more powerful as compared to 3970X or even near that I maybe wrong that is why I'm creating this thread. So far I can't find any Extreme Editions information of Haswell so that is the only reason I'm creating this thread right now. The specifications are below for what I'm thinking of if I build it without Haswell.

• CPU: Intel Core i7-3970X Extreme Edition Sandy Bridge-E 3.5GHz (4.0GHz Turbo)
  • Motherboard: ASUS ROG Rampage IV Extreme
  • GPU: The cards I'm interested in are listed below, please note that I might won't go for Quad-GPU to start with but still keep in mind that I'll need Quad-GPU. Also, please give your thoughts on GTX Titan that whether to wait for ASUS ROG to release their version Mars III ? or whatever it will be called or just go ahead with stock NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan
  1. 4x ARES2-6GD5
  2. 4x GTX Titan
  • RAM: The RAM I'm interest in are listed below, please take a look and tell me which will be best depending on the case I will mention or you guys can suggest along with the motherboard and everything else.
  1. G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 64GB (8 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2400 (PC3 19200)
  2. Kingston HyperX Beast 64GB (8 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133 Desktop Memory (with KHX-Fan)
  3. Kingston HyperX Beast 64GB (8 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 Desktop Memory
  4. Dominator® Platinum Series — 64GB (8 x 8GB) DDR3 DRAM 2400MHz C10 Memory Kit
  5. Dominator® Platinum with Corsair Link Connector — 1.65V 64GB Dual Channel DDR3 Memory Kit​
  • SSD(s): The SSD(s) I'm interested in are listed below, please note that I need **** ton of space so I was thinking should I go for SSD(s) only to fill up my terabytes of data or go with goo enough SSD and then install HDD(s) for my storage? Maybe for my boot drive along with all the main software installations go with SSD for that and then as for other data such as Games, Movies, Songs and Software etc ...
  1. Corsair Neutron Seriesâ„¢ GTX 480GB SATA 3 6Gb/s SSD
  2. Corsair Force Seriesâ„¢ GS 480GB SATA 3 6Gb/s Solid-State Hard Drive
  3. Corsair Force Seriesâ„¢ GT 480GB SATA 3 6Gb/s Solid-State Hard Drive
  4. Corsair Force Seriesâ„¢ 3 480GB SATA 3 6Gb/s Solid-State Hard Drive
  5. Kingston HyperX 3K SH103S3/480G 2.5" 480GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) (Stand-Alone Drive)
  6. OCZ Vertex 4 VTX4-25SAT3-512G 2.5" 512GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
  7. OCZ Vector Series VTR1-25SAT3-512G 2.5" 512GB SATA III MLC
  8. Intel 520 Series Cherryville SSDSC2CW480A3K5 2.5" 480GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
  9. SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series MZ-7PD512BW 2.5" 512GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
  • Case: Now here is where I need your suggestions, I'm all ears here but there are still some of them that I'd like to list below.
  1. Thermaltake Level 10 (I don't think it's even available now anywhere at all. This is my favorite case of all time, super elegant.
  2. Thermaltake Level 10 GT
  3. SilverStone TJ07
  4. SilverStone TJ11
  • PSU: Again, not really sure which one to go with but here are some that I can mention below and then you guys can add up.
  1. CORSAIR HX Series HX1050 1050W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply
  2. COOLER MASTER RS-A50-SPHA-D3 Silent Pro Hybrid 1050W Intel ATX 12V V2.3 & SSI EPS 12V V2.92 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Panel Power Supply with Fan Control
  3. SeaSonic X-SERIES X-1050 1050W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Full Modular Active PFC Power Supply

And with that is all that I can list, now you guys can give suggestions and exchanging any of these parts I've listed above. Also, please add your suggestions for stuff like Water Cooling, Fans etc ...

Also, If any of you guys know any good company that can do modding for my case then it'll be highly appreciated. Please mention them in this thread and I'll get in touch with them with my personal needs. I'm looking for high-end stuff and I might go with Carbon Fiber body custom modded or something else along with Gold Plating or Full Gold Body. I do already have a company who can take care of my gold needs but I'd like some more options to have for my other needs such as Carbon Fiber etc ...

Also, I will not go lower 64GB of RAM so don't suggest me to do so. I know it is not needed for gaming but I just want high-end PC, you can say that I just want the highest speed I can get. I don't do any video-editing as of right now or high end graphics, I can do it but I pay others to do that so I don't really have need to do so; not like one of my daily task. But I do sh1t ton of multi-tasking also my computer stays on 24x7. So, If I want to OC my computer will that be any problem ? Can I OC 24x7 ?

Any information regarding all this will be highly appreciated, Thank you so much!

You won't be able to have 4x ARES2. Theres already 2 GPU on each card. 2 of those would be sex.

Motherboard is sorta overkill, I really doubt you will utilize all of its OC'ing functions (like the LN2 temp probes etc).

CPU is overkill, not like you're going to have any use for the cache; its like throwing away money! Get yourself a 3930K and a decent custom watercooling loop for your CPU, RAM and Motherboard.

RAM is sex. The Corsair Platinums look so ballin'. Sure there are other alternatives, but they don't look as good!

I don't know if I'd call that rig extreme or if I'd call in stupid. Unless you're running RAM disk, 3D modelling, graphics design or VM's, you don't need more than 16GB let alone 64 and I very much doubt you'll ever utilise more than about 12. There is also only about a 3% difference in performance between 1600 and 2400Mhz which you won't notice when gaming. With CPU's, you won't notice any increase in performance over a 3570K or 8350 so even the 3930K will be overkill. An intel extreme just for gaming though is insane. For graphics, dual 680's or 690's and you won't notice much more, especially if you're only on 60Hz panels.

PSU - Corsair AX, Silverstone platinum series or Seasonic X.

Honestly it looks like you're spending money for the sake of spending money. When 99% of people undertake a build of this sort they will spend months planing out water cooling loops ect. I suggest go read the stickies in the water cooling subforum first.

I don't know if I'd call that rig extreme or if I'd call in stupid. Unless you're running RAM disk, 3D modelling, graphics design or VM's, you don't need more than 16GB let alone 64 and I very much doubt you'll ever utilise more than about 12. There is also only about a 3% difference in performance between 1600 and 2400Mhz which you won't notice when gaming. With CPU's, you won't notice any increase in performance over a 3570K or 8350 so even the 3930K will be overkill. An intel extreme just for gaming though is insane. For graphics, dual 680's or 690's and you won't notice much more, especially if you're only on 60Hz panels.

PSU - Corsair AX, Silverstone platinum series or Seasonic X.

Honestly it looks like you're spending money for the sake of spending money. When 99% of people undertake a build of this sort they will spend months planing out water cooling loops ect. I suggest go read the stickies in the water cooling subforum first.

+1

\

that has to be the most idiotic build, im sorry but that is just to stupid to even try to be polite about.

1. you will never ever ever use 64GB of RAM hell you would probably struggle to use 16GB

2. CPU is just a much more expensive 3930K with a 0.3GHz overclock

3. GPU's just no (also 4x ARES II dont work thats 8 way CF)

4. Motherboard stupidly hogh end unless you want to go setting overclocking world records (not that you could beat this http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/5...dasdasdasd.jpg dont even ask what happend to 3d mark when I ran that)

5. love how the best SSD is at the bottom

6. no custom loop

now.

Budget?

Location?

Uses?

Do you need an OS?

or any Peripherals?

give a man a gun he robs a bank, give a man a bank he robs the world

*yawn* come back when you have this built.

Oh and one cannot simply 4-way ARES' (lol, this guy...). Plus you'll need more than 1000 watts :P Might want to try two 850 watt modular PSU's.

*yawn* come back when you have this built.

Oh and one cannot simply 4-way ARES' (lol, this guy...). Plus you'll need more than 1000 watts :P Might want to try two 850 watt modular PSU's.

I nearly lost it at "one does not simply..." xD

Also' date=' I will not go lower 64GB of RAM so don't suggest me to do so. I know it is not needed for gaming but I just want high-end PC, you can say that I just want the highest speed I can get.[/font']

I must say I'm a bit confused as to why you're even posting on this forum if you are going to tell us what to suggest and what not to suggest? Reading your build I can tell our expertise far outstrips yours, generally when you don't know what you're talking about listening to the experienced community is the best option. All I can say in regards to RAM is that RAM is not a factor in how fast the computer operates. 64GB of RAM vs 16GB will speed up your computer as much as a 1TB hard drive vs a 250GB hard drive. Even as a power user, I find it extremely difficult to reach even close to 8GB of memory usage, maybe get 16GB if you were planning to run the entire Adobe Master Collection at once or something.

If you are overclocking, the i7-3930K and the 3970X are the same CPU.

Water cooling requires periodic maintenance. If you are not a computer enthusiast I would not recommend it. It's not really a "performance" setup, but an "I love tinkering with computers" setup. Although it does perform well.

You can have up to a max of 2 ARES II cards or 3 GTX Titan cards.

The motherboard has some features for computer enthusiasts to help achieve extreme overclocks. You are not paying for better performance, but for features you will not be using anyway.

Thank you.

You won't be able to have 4x ARES2. Theres already 2 GPU on each card. 2 of those would be sex. Motherboard is sorta overkill' date=' I really doubt you will utilize all of its OC'ing functions (like the LN2 temp probes etc). CPU is overkill, not like you're going to have any use for the cache; its like throwing away money! Get yourself a 3930K and a decent custom watercooling loop for your CPU, RAM and Motherboard. RAM is sex. The Corsair Platinums look so ballin'. Sure there are other alternatives, but they don't look as good! [/quote']

Yes, that was my mistake in start to mention 4x ARES II. But you'd prefer 2x ARES II over 4x Titans ?

Maybe I won't but if there are other better ones for this rest of the rig and the ones that support 3970X, please suggest them to me. I'd love your thoughts and input on custom-cooling.

Sounds good on RAM but I heard Corsair Dominator GT will perform better than Platinum ? Any input on those ?

Thank you!

*yawn* come back when you have this built. Oh and one cannot simply 4-way ARES' (lol' date=' this guy...). Plus you'll need more than 1000 watts :P Might want to try two 850 watt modular PSU's. [/quote']

Each one of the PSU I mentioned is above 1000W if you look at it. However, I ended up going with 1500W instead of Dual 850W. Read my other post on a reply to another member where I made a mistake of mentioning 4-Way ARES II. Feel free to leave your input on the things I asked for as well such as water cooling, modding etc instead of coming around and bashing.

Thank you.

that has to be the most idiotic build' date=' im sorry but that is just to stupid to even try to be polite about. 1. you will never ever ever use 64GB of RAM hell you would probably struggle to use 16GB 2. CPU is just a much more expensive 3930K with a 0.3GHz overclock 3. GPU's just no (also 4x ARES II dont work thats 8 way CF) 4. Motherboard stupidly hogh end unless you want to go setting overclocking world records (not that you could beat this http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/5...dasdasdasd.jpg dont even ask what happend to 3d mark when I ran that) 5. love how the best SSD is at the bottom 6. no custom loop now. Budget? Location? Uses? Do you need an OS? or any Peripherals?

It's okay, I understand how you'd feel about that. Let's put it this way. I like the way that motherboard looks, how about that ? I'm paying money just because I like the way it looks and gives me the performance I need; hell gives me far way more than that. But I appreciate your honest input, Thanks.

It's okay, I don't mind not using 64GB of RAM but I'd like to have it just in case if I ever want it. Computer will be on 24x7 so that shouldn't matter anyway either, right ?

I didn't categorize them according to their specifications but as I found them, put your input on SSDs and let me know if you can. I heard Intel SSDs will be far way more better than other brands ? I'm ending on RAID 2x 256GB SSDs and then 4x 1TB Western Digital VelociRaptor and RAID them.

I asked for your opinion on custom loops and for other stuff, that's where you can help me with your whatever input you can.

Budget: Not an option.

Uses: Gaming, Graphics, Video Editing at times, 24x7 constant computer usage with not that heavy work but handling business. Nature of business is mainly marketing if we talk about online.

Peripherals: I'm all ears, man. Just suggest me, I mean I can go ahead and build a nice rig that is x10 times cheaper than this and everything and still does everything I want but I just want the best of the best; at no stage I'd want to feel like .. "Ah shucks, I could've upgrade this as well."

I honestly appreciate your honest input on these things and very thankful for that.

Thank you.

I don't know if I'd call that rig extreme or if I'd call in stupid. Unless you're running RAM disk' date=' 3D modelling, graphics design or VM's, you don't need more than 16GB let alone 64 and I very much doubt you'll ever utilise more than about 12. There is also only about a 3% difference in performance between 1600 and 2400Mhz which you won't notice when gaming. With CPU's, you won't notice any increase in performance over a 3570K or 8350 so even the 3930K will be overkill. An intel extreme just for gaming though is insane. For graphics, dual 680's or 690's and you won't notice much more, especially if you're only on 60Hz panels. PSU - Corsair AX, Silverstone platinum series or Seasonic X. Honestly it looks like you're spending money for the sake of spending money. When 99% of people undertake a build of this sort they will spend months planing out water cooling loops ect. I suggest go read the stickies in the water cooling subforum first. [/quote']

Well, I just responded to RAM on other posts but let's say it again. I just don't want to feel like at at any stage that "Ah, shucks. I could've upgrade this as well." It's not just for gaming but far way more than that. Not saying far way more powerful but I don't mind getting one.

PSU: I ended up with Enermax Maxrevo 1500W - What you think about those ?

The exact reason I asked you guys here because Linus told me to make a thread on this forum regarding this to get everyone's input. I'll take all inputs you wanna give for water cooling, I do love the setup of water cooling Corsair have in their 900D picture that you can find on Facebook or on their website. Looks sexy as well as well as performs good, I'm sure but still I'm all ears.

Again, I honestly appreciate your honest input on all of this and I'm very thankful for your time.

Thank you.

Also' date=' I will not go lower 64GB of RAM so don't suggest me to do so. I know it is not needed for gaming but I just want high-end PC, you can say that I just want the highest speed I can get.[/font']
I must say I'm a bit confused as to why you're even posting on this forum if you are going to tell us what to suggest and what not to suggest? Reading your build I can tell our expertise far outstrips yours, generally when you don't know what you're talking about listening to the experienced community is the best option. All I can say in regards to RAM is that RAM is not a factor in how fast the computer operates. 64GB of RAM vs 16GB will speed up your computer as much as a 1TB hard drive vs a 250GB hard drive. Even as a power user, I find it extremely difficult to reach even close to 8GB of memory usage, maybe get 16GB if you were planning to run the entire Adobe Master Collection at once or something. If you are overclocking, the i7-3930K and the 3970X are the same CPU. Water cooling requires periodic maintenance. If you are not a computer enthusiast I would not recommend it. It's not really a "performance" setup, but an "I love tinkering with computers" setup. Although it does perform well. You can have up to a max of 2 ARES II cards or 3 GTX Titan cards. The motherboard has some features for computer enthusiasts to help achieve extreme overclocks. You are not paying for better performance, but for features you will not be using anyway.

Brother, I take that back. I shouldn't have said to not suggest me lower RAM, feel free to suggest what you feel is the best in this situation and then we can go over all of it eventually and end up with one decision. Again, for RAM you can check my other posts if you don't mind. I wrote that like 2-3 times so far same with hard drive.

So, you're saying 3930K will be better than 3970X ? I mean if money is not an option here, why not go big ?

I don't mind maintenance on it as long as I love it and yes I'll take care of it accordingly but what else you suggest better than water cooling ? Plus, dayum son that looks sexy in a RIG.

Yes, I'll go with 4x Titans or 2x ARES II - What you'd prefer ? You can have 4x Titans on that board (If I'm not wrong.)

That motherboard looks sexy as hell to me, if there are other ones with 64GB RAM and 3970X supported and looks better and gives better performance, I'll go with that.

Just like all others, I highly appreciate your honest input as well.

Thank you.

This is from NVIDIA's website:

"Used by the most demanding gamers worldwide, SLI technology lets you link up to three GeForce GTX Titans together for astounding performance. And with NVIDIA’s track record for fast and frequent software updates, you’ll not only get the best performance in existing games, but future games too."

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-titan/features

You can buy 64GB of RAM if you want; I feel obligated to tell you though, you should at least be aware that probably 1/3 of the budget won't really have any effect (besides visual effect). Since you don't seem to be concerned with wasting money that is ok though.

I mean the i7-3930K and the i7-3970X are the same CPU, just the 3970X is set at a higher clock out of the box. If you are going to be messing with the clock speeds there is no difference between the two at all though.

This is from NVIDIA's website: "Used by the most demanding gamers worldwide' date=' SLI technology lets you link up to three GeForce GTX Titans together for astounding performance. And with NVIDIA’s track record for fast and frequent software updates, you’ll not only get the best performance in existing games, but future games too." [url']http://www.nvidia.com/titan-graphics-card/ultimate-gaming You can buy 64GB of RAM if you want; I feel obligated to tell you though, you should at least be aware that probably 1/3 of the budget won't really have any effect (besides visual effect). Since you don't seem to be concerned with wasting money that is ok though. I mean the i7-3930K and the i7-3970X are the same CPU, just the 3970X is set at a higher clock out of the box. If you are going to be messing with the clock speeds there is no difference between the two at all though.

That's very strange because I looked at ASUS ROG's Facebook page when Titan came out and they were doing Quad-SLI - Here's the one picture I could find quickly though, http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151735742127388&set=pb.405774002387.-2207520000.1362131246 - Just sharing.

Yes, one of the main reason is that. I can have this machine playing whatever I want for I don't know how many years. Not that I won't upgrade my rig for that long, I might just put this in some room as a trophy, lol. But of course, I appreciate your honest inputs as I said.

Okay, so not really much of a difference here - again it ends up to my personal choice, sounds good. Thanks man. I really appreciate your input in all of this.

*yawn* come back when you have this built. Oh and one cannot simply 4-way ARES' (lol' date=' this guy...). Plus you'll need more than 1000 watts :P Might want to try two 850 watt modular PSU's. [/quote'] Each one of the PSU I mentioned is above 1000W if you look at it. However, I ended up going with 1500W instead of Dual 850W. Read my other post on a reply to another member where I made a mistake of mentioning 4-Way ARES II. Feel free to leave your input on the things I asked for as well such as water cooling, modding etc instead of coming around and bashing. Thank you.

Ehhhhhh... Two "High End" PSU's would be much better for the "High End" theme. Lol you get me every time...One 1500W PSU...

1500WPSU_zps4ca75214.png

You won't use 64GB of RAM. You just won't. The only reason why it's offered in the X79 platform is because the X79 platform isn't a gaming platform, it's a work station platform designed for graphics and 3D work. It's a pure waste of money.

I'm probably going to stop here - you clearly have more money than sense.

You won't use 64GB of RAM. You just won't. The only reason why it's offered in the X79 platform is because the X79 platform isn't a gaming platform' date=' it's a work station platform designed for graphics and 3D work. It's a pure waste of money. I'm probably going to stop here - you clearly have more money than sense. [/quote']

Exactly my point; what if someday I want to test some high-end GFX Software including 3D and everything and then my PC tells me to GTFO; I just don't want that. I want it to be ready for anything at anytime.

And I did mention that for video editing, but I already took your advise noted for the RAM. Thank you.

*yawn* come back when you have this built. Oh and one cannot simply 4-way ARES' (lol' date=' this guy...). Plus you'll need more than 1000 watts :P Might want to try two 850 watt modular PSU's. [/quote'] Each one of the PSU I mentioned is above 1000W if you look at it. However, I ended up going with 1500W instead of Dual 850W. Read my other post on a reply to another member where I made a mistake of mentioning 4-Way ARES II. Feel free to leave your input on the things I asked for as well such as water cooling, modding etc instead of coming around and bashing. Thank you.
Ehhhhhh... Two "High End" PSU's would be much better for the "High End" theme. Lol you get me every time...One 1500W PSU... 1500WPSU_zps4ca75214.png

I don't get your point, the reason I said 1500W PSU is because it was suggested to me by ROG. Either you give your opinion, or you don't. Simple as that! I'm not saying "NO" to any of the thing you guys said; I just question it so I can understand it better. Rest is up to you to whether reply or not.

You won't use 64GB of RAM. You just won't. The only reason why it's offered in the X79 platform is because the X79 platform isn't a gaming platform, it's a work station platform designed for graphics and 3D work. It's a pure waste of money.

I'm probably going to stop here - you clearly have more money than sense.

I agree with him, X79 isn't a gaming platform, and if you're not going to be editing and so on, 64GB of RAM is just a waste.

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

Ehhhhhh... Two "High End" PSU's would be much better for the "High End" theme. Lol you get me every time...One 1500W PSU... 1500WPSU_zps4ca75214.png

I don't get your point, the reason I said 1500W PSU is because it was suggested to me by ROG. Either you give your opinion, or you don't. Simple as that! I'm not saying "NO" to any of the thing you guys said; I just question it so I can understand it better. Rest is up to you to whether reply or not.

Yeah ok, get a 1500 watt PSU. But from who?

Rosewill? HA! Even their case fans.. blow.

EVGA? EVGA makes PSUs?

Thermaltake? Maybe a Thermaltake case.

Cooler Master? Meh, Did you see the explosion?

Silverstone? 8 rails? what??

Enermax? again, did you see the explosion?

Pretty much what I am saying is that there just aren't any "High End" 1500W PSUs.~~~ Here is my suggestion: Get the TJ10, or 07 and two AX760i's. That will for sure power any WC'd, 4-way Titan, 5GHz 3970X, 10 HDD set up.

If you aren't going to help advise the OP rather than make derisive comments, please leave the thread.

As far as the build goes, I know people like to limit upgrades as much as possible, but to be frank buying the best of the best is really never the best way to do so, you really end up paying 10x more for 20% better performance... if you're worried about components getting outdated and having to upgrade, the best of the best won't stay relevant that much longer than other components. Maybe an extra year or two, at the most. A few years ago we had the first generation i7 Extreme edition, the i7-980X, which was the $1000 then-king of the CPU list, much like the i7-3970X today. Intel then brought out the second generation Core processors (Sandy Bridge). In a 1 generation move (keep in mind, Intel refreshes every year), the $300 Sandy Bridge i7-2600K outperformed the previous $1000 extreme edition processor. That's not to say it happens every year, this year's refresh Ivy Bridge for example was an optimization of the Sandy Bridge architecture and mostly focused on power efficiency. But it should give you an appreciation for the rapid pace at which processing technology advances, and likewise the rapid pace at which the value of older components depreciates, particularly the top end components. The best way to future-proof your build is to just get a more balanced build, and tailor it so that your upgrades (they will happen) will be minimal. Get a solid processor like the i7-3930K which should keep you going for a long time, and in 3 or 4 years the only upgrade you'll need to do is to take 15 minutes to swap a graphics card or two. I hate to say it but even the GTX Titan will not last forever... and you will find that in 3 or 4 years it may be adequate to play games but you'll find that the newer $300-400 cards perform just as well and use half the power in all likelyhood...

Also I want to point out that RAM can be added at any time provided you have free DIMM slots... it takes like 10 seconds to install.

Ehhhhhh... Two "High End" PSU's would be much better for the "High End" theme. Lol you get me every time...One 1500W PSU...

1500WPSU_zps4ca75214.png

This is beginning to turn into quite a comedy act..

Pardon the jokes and stuff, but I really do not see this build happening. I'm looking at this more like "What makes the greatest, highest of the high end build of 2013". I am sure that with all of us on this, we can really come up with a conclusion.

I still stand by my "Two quality PSU's are better than one high wattage for this type of build".

I do agree with the dual power supplies for a build of this caliber; there aren't any great quality 1500-1600W power supplies out there, and quality issues aside they just don't look good XD none of them have black cables... And believe me color-coded cables do mess up the look of the computer XD I'd wait for the Corsair 900D and get two SeaSonic SS-760XP PSUs.

For a computer of this price and considering the high power draw of the components, overclocking etc. a quality power supply is not optional. Power supplies can take other components with them if they go out.