WD Black Bad Clunking

Mornincupofhate

So ever since I've gotten my WD Black, It clunks horribly whenever something starts up. I thought this was a problem with the one I got, but when I went on amazon, I found other people having the same issue so I guess it's "normal" since the drive is supposed to be high performance. Does anyone know how I can dampen the sound a bit? I was thinking about getting some rubber screws meant for decreasing hard drive noise, but I wasn't sure if any of these things work.

1 hour ago, Mornincupofhate said:

So ever since I've gotten my WD Black, It clunks horribly whenever something starts up. I thought this was a problem with the one I got, but when I went on amazon, I found other people having the same issue so I guess it's "normal" since the drive is supposed to be high performance. Does anyone know how I can dampen the sound a bit? I was thinking about getting some rubber screws meant for decreasing hard drive noise, but I wasn't sure if any of these things work.

WD Black drives have a noisy spindle at startup.  That's just the way they work.  I doubt the any anti-vibration solution is going to have an effect because the sound emanates directly from within the drive.  Damning the the drive will help with overall drive noise, but probably not help much with the spindle chatter.