Video editing computer $4,000,00

Hi,

I do video editions on Preimier pro cc

I'm thinking of buy this:

Motherboard : Asus Z10PE-D16 WS SSI EEB Dual-CPU LGA2011-3 / Support DDR4 and 1 TB of RAM :D

• 2x 2.4 GHz Intel Xeon E5-2620v3 Six-Core | can I improve? 
  • 32GB of 2133 MHz DDR4 RAM | I need more RAM? 
  • NVIDIA Quadro K4200 Graphics Card (4GB) | This Quadro K4200 its good? if you know some grapics card better tellme with the same our similar price. 
  • http://pcpartpicker.com/p/8LLnkL

I must use usual SSD our Intel 750 series SSD our M.2 SSD? which is best for video editing?

I do not like slow computers.
The price can go up to $4,000.00 our $5,000,00 Max.

I saw a video of  linus use Titan X to video edition
It is better than NVIDIA Quadro K4200 ????

Sorry for my bad English

:)

5 minutes ago, THEPRO | xTreme-CM.ORG said:

snip

What is the monitor you are going to use with the Quadro GPU?  For video editing, the primary use of a Quadro would be for getting true 10-bit color support.

If you are going to use a consumer monitor for video editing, get a gaming GPU with more CUDA cores than a Quadro.

Edit: get a 980ti or something similar.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

Why would you go with two water cooling units for CPU that can barely be overclocked? Just pickup some basic air coolers for less price than the single water cooler and it will do the exact same job at the same noise levels.

EDIT:

Also 1600W PSU is waaaaaaaaaay too much overkill. 650W would handle this build easily with some headroom. 750-850W if you want to add another GPU later.

4 minutes ago, ALwin said:

What is the monitor you are going to use with the Quadro GPU?  For video editing, the primary use of a Quadro would be for getting true 10-bit color support.

If you are going to use a consumer monitor for video editing, get a gaming GPU with more CUDA cores than a Quadro.

Edit: get a 980ti or something similar.

I do not know that the monitor will use yet. 

You have any suggestions?

and thank you for answering :)

2 minutes ago, WereCat said:

Why would you go with two water cooling units for CPU that can barely be overclocked? Just pickup some basic air coolers for less price than the single water cooler and it will do the exact same job at the same noise levels.

Okay. 

Thank you! is less money spent on cooling.

9 minutes ago, THEPRO | xTreme-CM.ORG said:

I do not know that the monitor will use yet. 

You have any suggestions?

and thank you for answering :)

The cheapest true 10-bit monitor I know that can make the best use of a Quadro costs about $1600 in the US.  So apart from having 10-bit and wide gamut color support, every other aspect of video editing will be better on a GPU like a 980ti.

Additionally, what sort of video editing do you do that you need a dual CPU machine.  Why not get an i7 6-core (12 thread) CPU?

32GB memory is sufficient.

As for storage, a single SSD is sufficient, you can install a PCIe or M.2 SSD for faster performance but the gain is not that high.  Additionally check your logic board manual, on some boards installing a M.2 SSD disables 2 SATA ports.

EDIT: when I say single SSD, I mean SSD for the video files.  I recommend keeping the SSD for the OS and applications separate from the SSD used for the video project files.  So your computer should have at least two SSD drives.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

6 minutes ago, ALwin said:

The cheapest true 10-bit monitor I know that can make the best use of a Quadro costs about $1600 in the US.  So apart from having 10-bit and wide gamut color support, every other aspect of video editing will be better on a GPU like a 980ti.

Additionally, what sort of video editing do you do that you need a dual CPU machine.  Why not get an i7 6-core (12 thread) CPU?

32GB memory is sufficient.

As for storage, a single SSD is sufficient, you can install a PCIe or M.2 SSD for faster performance but the gain is not that high.  Additionally check your logic board manual, on some boards installing a M.2 SSD disables 2 SATA ports.

Ty for the explanation on the GPU.

But on the Dual CPU i will get more performance than i7 6-core (12 thread) CPU?

Ty :)

1 minute ago, THEPRO | xTreme-CM.ORG said:

But on the Dual CPU i will get more performance than i7 6-core (12 thread) CPU?

It depends.  What video editing software will you be using and how intensively are you going to be editing videos?

Just now, ALwin said:

It depends.  What video editing software will you be using and how intensively are you going to be editing videos?

Am using Premiere pro cc.

Am using Premiere pro cc.

Read this

https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Adobe-Premiere-Pro-CC-Multi-Core-Performance-698/

See the new build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/rp7HVn

is perfect? 

ty :)

Has nVidia increased the price of their GPUs or something, why is the Titan X nearly $1500?

And as I said before, how intensively are you going to be working with video editing?  I see a lot of parts where you can save money.

1 minute ago, ALwin said:

Has nVidia increased the price of their GPUs or something, why is the Titan X nearly $1500?

And as I said before, how intensively are you going to be working with video editing?  I see a lot of parts where you can save money.

i will not buy on pcpartpicke xD 

i am from europe i will buy on a gaming store and that GPU its $1000 not $1500 i dont know why says $1500

ty :D

i will not buy on pcpartpicke xD 

i am from europe i will buy on a gaming store and that GPU its $1000 not $1500 i dont know why says $1500

ty :D

OK.

I'm not sure that a Dual CPU computer is needed for Video Editing.

Regardless this config might be better...

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/YWnr99

Though if you'd be fine with a single CPU computer.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ZTbDrH

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

35 minutes ago, wcreek said:

I'm not sure that a Dual CPU computer is needed for Video Editing.

Regardless this config might be better...

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/YWnr99

Though if you'd be fine with a single CPU computer.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ZTbDrH

Ty!!!

One question why the  EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB FTW ACX 2.0+ Video Card ??

why not the " NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan X 12GB Video Card " ?? 

:D

2 minutes ago, THEPRO | xTreme-CM.ORG said:

Ty!!!

One question why the  EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB FTW ACX 2.0+ Video Card ??

why not the " NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan X 12GB Video Card " ?? 

:D

The Titan X isn't that much better than the 980 Ti in most applications. 

You could probably do the Single CPU build with the Titan X.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization