How do you call Professor-Layton-esque music?

Go to solution Solved by Volbet,
4 hours ago, Ovidios said:

The first song is quite what I mean, especially once the accordeon starts.

Also in this video:

I enjoy almost all of it, but especially ones like the song playing around the 17:00 minute mark.

There is quite a lot of classical music featuring accordians. The most famous probably being Tchaikovsky's Orchestral Suite No. 2. A lot of other Eastern European composers also implamented accordians in some of their work. 

Other than that the accordian is quite prominent in traditional french salone music (what would probably be called folk music nowadays).

This type of music would commonly be refered to as Musette. The only thing is that Musette is a very broad style that can go from slow and almost melancholy pieces to up-tempo ballroom pieces. 

See, I really enjoy the music of the Layton games but I need moar!

Is there a name for the kind of music?

Hmm, it has been quite a long time since I played that game, but as far as I remember the OST was pretty much composed of piano heavy classical music and accordian heavy folk-ish music. 

Edit: Here is the OST:

Could you mention what parts it is you really liked?

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

1 minute ago, Volbet said:

Hmm, it has been quite a long time since I played that game, but as far as I remember the OST was pretty much composed of piano heavy classical music and accordian heavy folk-ish music. 

Edit: Here is the OST:

Could you mention what parts it is you really liked?

Also in this video:

I enjoy almost all of it, but especially ones like the song playing around the 17:00 minute mark.

4 hours ago, Ovidios said:

Also in this video:

There is quite a lot of classical music featuring accordians. The most famous probably being Tchaikovsky's Orchestral Suite No. 2. A lot of other Eastern European composers also implamented accordians in some of their work. 

Other than that the accordian is quite prominent in traditional french salone music (what would probably be called folk music nowadays).

This type of music would commonly be refered to as Musette. The only thing is that Musette is a very broad style that can go from slow and almost melancholy pieces to up-tempo ballroom pieces. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

1 minute ago, Volbet said:

Other than that the accordian is quite prominent in traditional french salone music (what you probably be called folk music today).

Great! I found this:

Searching for sad musette music and that's really what I wanted! Thank you very much!