Motherboard for new build!

I'm making a new build and i was hoping if anyone can help me decide which motherboard to pick.

the build right now includes:

-CPU: Intel I5 - 6500 (so lga1151 socket)

-GPU: Msi Gtx 960 4G

-Memory: HyperX Fury ddr4 2133MHZ 1 slot 8GB

so the MOBO needs an lga 1151 socket and needs to support ddr4 rams.

i was going for the MSI H110M PRO-VD and it seemed like the right bang for the buck, however i was also looking for something that could support Wlan and bluetooth. I thought that i could add a wlan pci 1x card but i can't really pick one.

Can anyone suggest a good wifi/bluetooth pci 1x card or a better mobo that includes those features?

Thanks in advance for any help, i really appreciate it ;)

Most mITX mobo's come with either an M.2 wireless card or a reciever that you plug in at the back, and since you will use only 1 RAM slot and those have only 2, i belive any H110, H170, etc.. will suffice. For example, ASrock H110M-ITX/AC should be a nice choise.

Theory is when you know everything but nothing works. Practice is when everything works but you dont know why. In this computer, theory and practice are combined: Nothing works and i dont know why.

Atleast i can manage Some things, like my current OC personal best.

22 minutes ago, thereal_ale said:

I'm making a new build and i was hoping if anyone can help me decide which motherboard to pick.

the build right now includes:

-CPU: Intel I5 - 6500 (so lga1151 socket)

-GPU: Msi Gtx 960 4G

-Memory: HyperX Fury ddr4 2133MHZ 1 slot 8GB

so the MOBO needs an lga 1151 socket and needs to support ddr4 rams.

i was going for the MSI H110M PRO-VD and it seemed like the right bang for the buck, however i was also looking for something that could support Wlan and bluetooth. I thought that i could add a wlan pci 1x card but i can't really pick one.

Can anyone suggest a good wifi/bluetooth pci 1x card or a better mobo that includes those features?

Thanks in advance for any help, i really appreciate it ;)

Getting Bluetooth and wireless on a pci e cards isn't easy as they are normally the mini ones meant for laptops. The one I got is:  Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260. I'm not sure it they all come with the pci e adapter and antenna (on Amazon i don't think it does)

CPU: Intel i7-4790K @ stock for now --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16Gb --- MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Formula --- GPU: MSI Gaming GTX 980ti --- PSU: Corsair AX860i  ---  Storage: Samsung 850 250gb(OS), 3x Western Digital Blue 3tb (one for game and programs, two for media), 3tb WD Green(somewhat backup) and a Crucial M550 120gb SSD (caching games and programs drive)  --- Case: Fractal Define R5 --- Cooler: Corsair H100i with Noctua 2000rpm, Industrial Fans --- OS: Windows 10 --- Monitor: Asus PB298q + AOC l2260SWD --- Mouse: Logitech G502 Spectrum --- Keyboard: Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Red) Red LED's --- Audio: Audio Engine A2's (yes the originals), Sennheiser HD 58x Jubilee Audio-Technica ATH-AD900x, Audio-Technica ATH-M50x, Ant Lion Mod Mic V4 --- Laptop: Dell XPS 9750 

There are couple things you didn't metioned.

1) How much do you want to spend on it?

2) Do you want it just to work or be also nice looking?

You can easily buy an pcie wireless card, but for bt I recomend buying a USB-to-USB header adapter and then connect a USB bt module to it.

1 hour ago, MVPernula said:

Have you already bought everything you specified? :)

not yet, but i would love to in a few days or so

1 hour ago, TeeTwo said:

Most mITX mobo's come with either an M.2 wireless card or a reciever that you plug in at the back, and since you will use only 1 RAM slot and those have only 2, i belive any H110, H170, etc.. will suffice. For example, ASrock H110M-ITX/AC should be a nice choise.

thanks! the one you suggested seems like it will get the job done ;) also it costs just 10$ more than the msi one that i was thinking on buying before.

1 hour ago, astrosheen said:

Getting Bluetooth and wireless on a pci e cards isn't easy as they are normally the mini ones meant for laptops. The one I got is:  Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260. I'm not sure it they all come with the pci e adapter and antenna (on Amazon i don't think it does)

i'm not really an expert on this. do you believe that i can use the ones meant for laptops on a normal pc?

1 hour ago, fufs said:

There are couple things you didn't metioned.

1) How much do you want to spend on it?

2) Do you want it just to work or be also nice looking?

You can easily buy an pcie wireless card, but for bt I recomend buying a USB-to-USB header adapter and then connect a USB bt module to it.

i really just want it to work,so the cheapest will be great. can you suggest me a pcie wireless card? also if you know any bt module? thanks ;)

only if  the motherboard you get has the right slot (mini pci e) else you need to get the pci e adapter and you will need antenna for both cases

CPU: Intel i7-4790K @ stock for now --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16Gb --- MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Formula --- GPU: MSI Gaming GTX 980ti --- PSU: Corsair AX860i  ---  Storage: Samsung 850 250gb(OS), 3x Western Digital Blue 3tb (one for game and programs, two for media), 3tb WD Green(somewhat backup) and a Crucial M550 120gb SSD (caching games and programs drive)  --- Case: Fractal Define R5 --- Cooler: Corsair H100i with Noctua 2000rpm, Industrial Fans --- OS: Windows 10 --- Monitor: Asus PB298q + AOC l2260SWD --- Mouse: Logitech G502 Spectrum --- Keyboard: Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Red) Red LED's --- Audio: Audio Engine A2's (yes the originals), Sennheiser HD 58x Jubilee Audio-Technica ATH-AD900x, Audio-Technica ATH-M50x, Ant Lion Mod Mic V4 --- Laptop: Dell XPS 9750 

2 minutes ago, astrosheen said:

only if  the motherboard you get has the right slot (mini pci e) else you need to get the pci e adapter and you will need antenna for both cases

mini pci e are pci 1x right? thanks for the help ;)

3 minutes ago, thereal_ale said:

mini pci e are pci 1x right? thanks for the help ;)

mini pci e and pci e 1x are not the same

24 minutes ago, thereal_ale said:

i'm not really an expert on this. do you believe that i can use the ones meant for laptops on a normal pc?

No, i doubt that will work.

Theory is when you know everything but nothing works. Practice is when everything works but you dont know why. In this computer, theory and practice are combined: Nothing works and i dont know why.

Atleast i can manage Some things, like my current OC personal best.

3 hours ago, thereal_ale said:

i really just want it to work,so the cheapest will be great. can you suggest me a pcie wireless card? also if you know any bt module? thanks ;)

There 3 TP-Links for you

1) TL-WN781ND

2) TL-WN881ND

3) TL-WDN4800

I had (I accidently smashed it) a 10$ BT module and it worked just fine. It had 20M range and was pretty fast. I'm from Poland so I don't use Amazon but I found 10$ BT usb module. I don't know the specs. 

http://www.amazon.com/SHARKK-Bluetooth-adapter-Windows-Receiver/dp/B00F788FMA/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1460221770&sr=1-3&keywords=usb+bt+adapter&refinements=p_36%3A-1000

You can also find cheaper ones, like:

http://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-Wireless-Bluetooth-Adapter-BT-USBT/dp/B002SBF108/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1460221770&sr=1-2&keywords=usb+bt+adapter&refinements=p_36%3A-1000

http://www.amazon.com/HDE-Universal-Bluetooth-Wireless-Converter/dp/B00AQKLIE6/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1460221770&sr=1-4&keywords=usb+bt+adapter&refinements=p_36%3A-1000

or:

http://www.amazon.com/iAnder-Bluetooth-Adapter-CSR8510-Controller/dp/B00JN61P1U/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1460221770&sr=1-1&keywords=usb+bt+adapter&refinements=p_36%3A-1000

If you want more offers, just type: "usb bt adapters".