Help whether or not deciding to sell computer

Zypr

Hey, I have a fairly new computer that i bought around late 2013, specs are as follows

i5 4570

gtx 760 4gb

12gb ram 1333mhz   (12gb 1333mhz because i got from a friend)

h60 water cooler

z87 msi (  yeah i know im not overclocking, i was stupid at the time i bought this and i picked the one that looked the nicest)

1tb wd blue

250gb samsung 850 evo

Im aware that pascal/polaris is coming out in the next few months and kaby lake/zen is coming in the second half of 2016, im worried that by then my parts will be outdated and i will never be able to sell them at a decent price, a few options are

buy some skylake pentium with a gt 730 from my friend and use that to play csgo and other mild gaming until kaby lake comes out then i will upgrade

or just sell my entire computer sometime in 2017 at a low price

I'm kind of stuck and have been debating this for awhile, i would love to hear your input, thanks!

I would just hang on to it for a while.  A haswell i5 is still a perfectly fine cpu, and will continue to be even after the new stuff releases.  I guess it comes down to what an extra year or 2 or 5 or whatever you want to push out of it is worth to you.  Personally I don't see any point in downgrading with plans to upgrade the downgrade later on(even though I literally just did this myself...)

Unless there's some other issues for you, I would just use the system until it no longer suits your needs, then get what you can for it and move on.

my work in progress

i5 6600k  //  16gb g.skill ddr4 3000  //  evga gtx 980

custom water loop