Microsoft lowering *all* existing OneDrive(Free) accounts to 5GB on July 13, 2016

8 hours ago, RZeroX said:

Found out you got to be using at-least 5gb.

That was a known variable. They clearly stated that at the time the offer was made, and in all publications/news posts.

And, if I recall correctly, the at least 5GB thing was only for the Office 365 offer, not the keep your space offer. But I could be mistaken about that small detail.

I made sure to load enough data onto my OneDrive to pass 5GB (I actually put 17.5GB of Data on just to be safe), and I both got to keep my 15GB + the 15GB Camera Roll bonus, and I got the Office 365 offer as well.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

5 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

That was a known variable. They clearly stated that at the time the offer was made, and in all publications/news posts.

And, if I recall correctly, the at least 5GB thing was only for the Office 365 offer, not the keep your space offer. But I could be mistaken about that small detail.

I made sure to load enough data onto my OneDrive to pass 5GB (I actually put 17.5GB of Data on just to be safe), and I both got to keep my 15GB + the 15GB Camera Roll bonus, and I got the Office 365 offer as well.

I'm using less than 1 GB, and I got an email stating my account won't be affected by the size reduction. My account lists as having 29.8 GB still available.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

1 minute ago, Delicieuxz said:

I'm using less than 1 GB, and I got an email stating my account won't be affected by the size reduction. My account lists as having 29.8 GB still available.

Did you get the free 1-year Office 365 Personal subscription?

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Just now, dalekphalm said:

Did you get the free 1-year Office 365 Personal subscription?

Not as far as I'm aware, though I never looked for it. I have Office 2013 or 2015... something that's modern-ish. I use Word lots, all the time, but I think that's the only thing I use, and my use of it hasn't changed over the years with new versions. 

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

mine is unaffected. plus, you can get 1TB free for a year as long as you cancel before it expires.

Don't fail me now as i've failed you then.

5 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

Not as far as I'm aware, though I never looked for it. I have Office 2013 or 2015... something that's modern-ish. I use Word lots, all the time, but I think that's the only thing I use, and my use of it hasn't changed over the years with new versions. 

You would know if you had it. Microsoft was offering free subscriptions to people who were using a lot of storage. You would have gotten an email with the free offer and instructions on how to redeem it. It's possible they are still sending out the emails, but I've already gotten mine.

2 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

You would know if you had it. Microsoft was offering free subscriptions to people who were using a lot of storage. You would have gotten an email with the free offer and instructions on how to redeem it. It's possible they are still sending out the emails, but I've already gotten mine.

OK, well I probably won't get one.