Mice for Gaming PC

Okay, so I am going to be building a gaming PC in a month, just trying to decide on a really good build. But I want to get a really good mouse, either specified for gaming or one that is just all around great. I'm pretty into Razer but a friend of mine loves Logitech, I can bend either way. I don't know much about the world of mice and what makes one the bee's knees while another is absolute creamy horse... so if anyone has any suggestions and why it would be good. BTW I'll be gaming (League, Skyrim, GTA V [maybe lol], Division etc.) and also video editing on occasion. Any suggestions help and are honestly greatly appreciated! Thanks!

g502 nough said

lol jk. it has a ton of buttons, different wheel spins, a super accurate sensor with no accelaration, a thick braided cable, finger print resistant body, rgb..... the list goes on. i play a large varity of games from fps to mmo's and its great.

Main Rig | Personal Build | Windows 10 | R7 2700x 3.7~4.3ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B450-I | 16gb DDR4 3200mhz | GTX 1080 FE | Coolermaster Elite 130 | Corsair H60 | WD Blue SN500 500GB NVMe SSD + 1tb WD Green HDD + 1tb WD Blue HDD

Laptop | HP m6-w102dx | Windows 10 | i7-5500u 2.4~3.0ghz | 8gb DDR3L | GT 930m 2gb| 120gb Sandisk SSD

Phone | Pixel 3 | Verizon | 64gb

1 minute ago, SlipperyPete said:

g502 nough said

lol jk. it has a ton of buttons, different wheel spins, a super accurate sensor with no accelaration, a thick braided cable, finger print resistant body, rgb..... the list goes on. i play a large varity of games from fps to mmo's and its great.

Oh btw this brings me to another question... what can you use all of the extra buttons and every accessory on the a mouse for within a game. If you have any examples from any of the games i listed that'd be helpful too

8 minutes ago, teddy710 said:

Okay, so I am going to be building a gaming PC in a month, just trying to decide on a really good build. But I want to get a really good mouse, either specified for gaming or one that is just all around great. I'm pretty into Razer but a friend of mine loves Logitech, I can bend either way. I don't know much about the world of mice and what makes one the bee's knees while another is absolute creamy horse... so if anyone has any suggestions and why it would be good. BTW I'll be gaming (League, Skyrim, GTA V [maybe lol], Division etc.) and also video editing on occasion. Any suggestions help and are honestly greatly appreciated! I love seeing a reply fly in! :)

Speaking from my own experience, I own a Razer Naga Molten edition before, it broke down on me one day with the double click problem, so I sent it for fixing, and get a G502 with the intention of temporally replace it and will use it as my laptop mouse later on. However I like it so much it become my main mouse and the Naga become my laptop's mouse. It feel alot better in my hand, have adjustable weight, free scrolling wheel (which is a blessing for any kind of work/web browsing and sometime even gaming depend on the game). 

Long story short, get the G502 :3 There's also a "RGB" version if you are into that. 

My rig: Intel Core i7 4790k | MSI Z97 PC Mate | GSKILL Ripjaws X 16GB 1866MHz | ADATA Premier SP550 480GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB  | MSI Gaming X GTX 1070 | Thermaltake Versa N21 | Corsair CX550M Semi Modular PSU | AOC G2460PF 144Hz | Logitech G502 | GSKILL Ripjaws KM780  | GAMDIAS HEPHAESTUS V2  PCPartPicker | Old Build Log | New Build Log

1 minute ago, teddy710 said:

Oh btw this brings me to another question... what can you use all of the extra buttons and every accessory on the a mouse for within a game. If you have any examples from any of the games i listed that'd be helpful too

Extra button can be programmed to do some marco in the Logitech Gaming Software (something like that, I cant remember the name), for example in GTA V there's the last heist that require you to rapidly tap ur left click to grab money. It get annoying pretty fast so I just mapped it into one extra button so when I press it it will keep doing auto-left-clicking until I press it again. GTA V also require you to do a few step before you can use a med-kit (go in menu, choose sub menu, choose item, press it again) so I mapped it all into another button so that I can quickly use med-kit without having to do that myself

My rig: Intel Core i7 4790k | MSI Z97 PC Mate | GSKILL Ripjaws X 16GB 1866MHz | ADATA Premier SP550 480GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB  | MSI Gaming X GTX 1070 | Thermaltake Versa N21 | Corsair CX550M Semi Modular PSU | AOC G2460PF 144Hz | Logitech G502 | GSKILL Ripjaws KM780  | GAMDIAS HEPHAESTUS V2  PCPartPicker | Old Build Log | New Build Log

4 minutes ago, Megazero said:

Speaking from my own experience, I own a Razer Naga Molten edition before, it broke down on me one day with the double click problem, so I sent it for fixing, and get a G502 with the intention of temporally replace it and will use it as my laptop mouse later on. However I like it so much it become my main mouse and the Naga become my laptop's mouse. It feel alot better in my hand, have adjustable weight, free scrolling wheel (which is a blessing for any kind of work/web browsing and sometime even gaming depend on the game). 

Long story short, get the G502 :3 There's also a "RGB" version if you are into that. 

Okay yeah from the little i know seems like that's a popular mouse. what's the RGB version?

1 minute ago, Megazero said:

Extra button can be programmed to do some marco in the Logitech Gaming Software (something like that, I cant remember the name), for example in GTA V there's the last heist that require you to rapidly tap ur left click to grab money. It get annoying pretty fast so I just mapped it into one extra button so when I press it it will keep doing auto-left-clicking until I press it again. GTA V also require you to do a few step before you can use a med-kit (go in menu, choose sub menu, choose item, press it again) so I mapped it all into another button so that I can quickly use med-kit without having to do that myself

So using the buttons basically just speeds up anything you want without having to do other stuff? Convenient lol

outside of MMOs, a ton of buttons on your mouse isn't really needed.

Absolute best sensor performance you probably want Logitech's g502, g402, g303, or g900. Mionix has some really high build quality with respectable sensor performance. Roccat has their roccat kone pure military "camo charge" color scheme ridiculously cheap on amazon right now for the quality it is. $27 plus shipping

6 minutes ago, teddy710 said:

Okay yeah from the little i know seems like that's a popular mouse. what's the RGB version?

it lets you customize the lighting. If you want your mouse to glow a specific color, its useful, but its pretty frivolous.

6 minutes ago, teddy710 said:

Basically it's like Razer's Chroma line, you can change the color of the LED on the mouse however you like. It's pretty useless for a mouse since you are going to put your hand on top of the light 99% of the time, but matching light could be useful once in a while if you want to take a picture of your setup and show off to other people.

The extra button are usually use for marco, so yeah, it speed up stuff. In MMO since you use skill with number button like 1,2,3,4 etc you can also map it to the mouse and play almost one handed, especially for Razer Naga since it have like 12 addition buttons, but I found that tend to me more distracting than just using 1,2,3,4 like normal.

13 hours ago, teddy710 said:

even for non mmo games its useful. i play battlefield. one button is reload, another is grenade, another is melee, another is push to talk. i have a similar setup in siege, spec ops the line, gta v, gmod, and mpst other games. 

Main Rig | Personal Build | Windows 10 | R7 2700x 3.7~4.3ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B450-I | 16gb DDR4 3200mhz | GTX 1080 FE | Coolermaster Elite 130 | Corsair H60 | WD Blue SN500 500GB NVMe SSD + 1tb WD Green HDD + 1tb WD Blue HDD

Laptop | HP m6-w102dx | Windows 10 | i7-5500u 2.4~3.0ghz | 8gb DDR3L | GT 930m 2gb| 120gb Sandisk SSD

Phone | Pixel 3 | Verizon | 64gb