Bottleneck Help.

I am putting a list of components together for my first pc build and wanted  to get the EVGA GeForce GTX 960 and my cpu is the AMD Athlon x4 860k 3.7GHZ and I was just wondering about bottlenecking, I know it will bottleneck a little but will it be bad? Thanks :)

only way to know is to find out using a graphical stress test and monitoring software.

-edit

doesn't have to be stress test could also be the GTA5 benchmark for a real world scenario 

1 minute ago, Speed bump said:

only way to know is to find out using a graphical stress test and monitoring software.

I don't have it yet tho... so how will I know? any tips?

4 minutes ago, Lewin Reid said:

I am putting a list of components together for my first pc build and wanted  to get the EVGA GeForce GTX 960 and my cpu is the AMD Athlon x4 860k 3.7GHZ and I was just wondering about bottlenecking, I know it will bottleneck a little but will it be bad? Thanks :)

It won't be too bad. I have the same chip and it only slightly bottlenecks my 950. spring for that and upgrade cpu and mobo later when you have the cash ;)

I don't think the GTX 960 and the X4 860k will bottleneck at all. For Linus's 2015 PC buyer's guide, he put a 960 and 860k together for the 500 dollar build. You will be fine. If it does bottleneck, you could switch to a Pentium G3258 and oc the hell out of it. 

Forget what I said, many games won't run well on dual cores any more. Stick with the 860K.

Whether it bottlenecks or not, depends of application.

GTA V? Athlon will bottleneck the heck out of GTX960.

Tomb Raider and similar games? Probably no bottleneck at all.

The more cpu-heavy the game is, the more it bottlenecks.

I find this as an interesting topic on dual cores.

This might help you.

"The Dead Legacy" (Since: XX.XX.2010) || CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 2.93 GHz || HSF: Stock Intel HSF || MB: MSI P35 Neo 2 LGA 775 || RAM: Kingston/Samsung/PQi 1 + 2x1 + 2 GB DDR2 667 MHz || GPU: Palit NVidia GeForce 9800 GT 1 GB GDDR3 || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 80 GB (OS Drive) / 1 TB (Main Storage) SATA II/III || HDD: Hitachi 320 GB (Backup Storage) IDE || ODD: LG DVD-RW (KIA) IDE || PSU: Generic PSU 500W Non-Modular (Korean) ATX || Case: Generic Case (No Fans) ATX Mid-Tower || Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 12" LED 1280x1024p || Speaker: Creative SBS 240 2.1 || KB: Generic Gaming (Full, No Macro) Keyboard || Mouse: T-REX Evolve Gaming Multi-Color Modded (RED LED Permanent) || Mousepad: Generic (Small) Black 

"The Chimera's Lair" (Since: 01.18.2016) || CPU: Intel Core™ i7-6700K 4.0 GHz (4.5 GHz OC) Skylake || HSF: NZXT Kraken X61 CLC || MB: MSI Z170A Gaming M5 LGA1151 || RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Red 2x8 GB DDR4 2400 MHz || GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 Gaming Edition 4 GB GDDR5 || SSD: Sandisk SSD Plus 240 GB (OS Drive) SATA III || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2  TB (Mass Storage) SATA III / Seagate Barracuda 1  TB (Games Storage) SATA III  || PSU: Seasonic M12II Evo 620W Fully-Modular ATX || Case: NZXT S340 Black/Red ATX Mid-Tower || Monitor: ASUS VC239H 23"  Frameless AH-IPS LED 1920x1080p (Not Yet Bought)