Good amount of storage for gaming (SSD)

I was wanting to go for 1tb of ssd storage but it is just too much for this moment and I was wanting to get a SSD for games like arma 3 since it needs a ssd to actually Play right

. Yeah I went there. Anyways. I see that playstation and xbox go from 400-600 gb of storage. But since they don't have as much as as my steam library has then yeah... I will of course remove some games and uninstall. What is the minimum and max of storage I should get for GAMING only. Any suggestions?

1 minute ago, Arkiton said:

I was wanting to go for 1tb of ssd storage but it is just too much for this moment and I was wanting to get a SSD for games like arma 3 since it needs a ssd to actually Play right

. Yeah I went there. Anyways. I see that playstation and xbox go from 400-600 gb of storage. But since they don't have as much as as my steam library has then yeah... I will of course remove some games and uninstall. What is the minimum and max of storage I should get for GAMING only. Any suggestions?

i say 500gb, but so far I have nearly 1.5TB of SSD and they are all full of games

So.. depends how many games you own, dont forget some PC games can be 30-60GB so they soon fill up

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I'm only a very occasional player and I managed to max out a 120g ssd in only a day but it all depends on how much games (and other media ;) ) you are planning on storing.

Just now, ShadowCaptain said:

i say 500gb, but so far I have nearly 1.5TB of SSD and they are all full of games

So.. depends how many games you own, dont forget some PC games can be 30-60GB so they soon fill up

Yeah. I wanted a 1tb but they cost crazy  alot. so I should just go for something half of it and just have games that I need to load faster like battlefield and arma 3.

1 minute ago, Red Hippopotamus said:

I'm only a very occasional player and I managed to max out a 120g ssd in only a day but it all depends on how much games (and other media ;) ) you are planning on storing.

God damn. That is why I am going for about 500

1 minute ago, Arkiton said:

Yeah. I wanted a 1tb but they cost crazy  alot. so I should just go for something half of it and just have games that I need to load faster like battlefield and arma 3.

Yes not all games benefit from an SSD, and if playing single player, it doesnt matter as much, so I have like 4tb of normal storage for normal games

but yeah it depends, id go through your list and add up what games you need installed to SSD, and go from there

I got my SSDs on amazon lightning deals for good prices so you could always get more when there are sales around :D

so yeah id say 500gb is the MINIMUM if you intend on installing a few games, 120-250gb are fine as an OS drive, but just installing like BF4, and Hardline is like 120gb alone!!

250gb is doable for casual gamers or people with a few games,

500gb minimum for 10-15 games on SSD

the more the better

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I use less than 500GB altogether, my laptop has a single 120GB SSD, but saying that it depends on your game library and how many games you have. I'd go with a 500GB SSD if you are hardcore and want all your games on an SSD.  

1 minute ago, ShadowCaptain said:

Yes not all games benefit from an SSD, and if playing single player, it doesnt matter as much, so I have like 4tb of normal storage for normal games

but yeah it depends, id go through your list and add up what games you need installed to SSD, and go from there

I got my SSDs on amazon lightning deals for good prices so you could always get more when there are sales around :D

Well arma, battlefield, battlefront and other games that requires loading fast. Games like fallout is a good example but I don't play it so whatever. But for battlefront It takes super long to load the game even though the game hasn't started but I sometimes join a game in progress so that is something. I also go on a virtual world called second life so having a ssd to load everything is a great idea. Second life is different from games. You have a distance to rez these objects in these sims a.k.a maps. and I can have a longer distance but it lags so if I use a lower distance it lags less but when I walk forward it starts loading these objects. So a ssd will help with this a shit ton. planetside as well but I don't play that game. also csgo if I have to leave a game. I don't have much in mind but with more games coming out it's a good idea for 500gb then