Newegg or Amazon?

Amazon vs Newegg  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Amazon or Newegg?

• Amazon
    • Newegg

Hi! I'm wondering which is best, amazon or newegg? I'm planning on buying this laptop (for the third time :(): 

MSI GE62 Apache Pro 004

http://www.amazon.com/MSI-GE62-Apache-Pro-004-i7-6700HQ/dp/B0150PJR3K/ref=sr_1_2?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1460005115&sr=1-2&keywords=MSI+GE62

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834152947&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&PageSize=10&SelectedRating=-1&VideoOnlyMark=False&IsFeedbackTab=true#scrollFullInfo

I also considered this one, but I thought it had too much red:

ASUS ROG GL552VW-DH71

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01578ZKPO/ref=psdc_565108_t1_B015QZVA6G

I'm still a bit unsure about which site is the best and which laptop I should buy, so help is much appreciated!

Thanks for taking the time to read this! Have a nice day! 

1 minute ago, Bright_Darkness said:

i prefer newegg since amazon use horrible shipping companies

Not always true.

As I see you also live in California, we have Ontrac as one day delivery which I personally find AMAZING.

and USPS/UPS/FedEx are all fine, and everybody uses them, not just Amazon

Intel i7 6700K | MSI Krait Z170A MSI GTX 980 w/ NZXT Kraken G10/x31 Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD/WD Blue 1TB HDD NZXT H440 | K70 RGB/SteelSeries Rival

stop buying the same laptop and get something that wont fail for a third time

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 minutes ago, verydogesuchwow said:

Not always true.

As I see you also live in California, we have Ontrac as one day delivery which I personally find AMAZING.

and USPS/UPS/FedEx are all fine, and everybody uses them, not just Amazon

well my Ontrac mailman threw my GTX 980 ovevr my gate which is like 5ft high

1 hour ago, Bright_Darkness said:

oh dang bro thats really sad

Just now, Bigheart said:

oh dang bro thats really sad

IKR i was lucky nothing got damaged

6 minutes ago, Bright_Darkness said:

whoa sht... i would run out and yell at the mailman for doing this lol

thats why i nvr mail order expensive and delicate electronics `-`

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

1 minute ago, Moonzy said:

whoa sht... i would run out and yell at the mailman for doing this lol

thats why i nvr mail order expensive and delicate electronics `-`

amazon needs to put that "fragile" sticker on the package

I buy from both although tend to lean towards Newegg. I've spent a lot of money with them and since I live near a distribution center they upgrade my shipping and overnight me everything I buy for free :) it's really the only source of happiness in my life 

11 hours ago, Enderman said:

stop buying the same laptop and get something that wont fail for a third time

Good point, but the first 2 times I ordered it from the microsoft store and it came broken. I even think that the second time they sent me the same one they gave me the first time because it had all the same issues. 

23 minutes ago, a1pha132 said:

Good point, but the first 2 times I ordered it from the microsoft store and it came broken. I even think that the second time they sent me the same one they gave me the first time because it had all the same issues. 

this is why you check the serial number before you RMA, so you know if you get the same one back

still, if it had those issues in the first place you should have just asked for a refund and bought something better quality

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, Enderman said:

this is why you check the serial number before you RMA, so you know if you get the same one back

still, if it had those issues in the first place you should have just asked for a refund and bought something better quality

Yeah luckily they refunded me both times in about two days, the thing is I like the msi more because of its design and the keyboard is nice the asus just has too much red (especially the keyboard lighting) and it looks a bit too plain, but its $100 cheaper  that's why I don't know which one I should buy. About the retailer, I've dealt with amazon before, but not with newegg. I'm  considering newegg because if I order the msi they throw in some stuff, like a bag and a mouse pad. 

3 minutes ago, a1pha132 said:

Yeah luckily they refunded me both times in about two days, the thing is I like the msi more because of its design and the keyboard is nice the asus just has too much red (especially the keyboard lighting) and it looks a bit too plain, but its $100 cheaper  that's why I don't know which one I should buy. About the retailer, I've dealt with amazon before, but not with newegg. I'm  considering newegg because if I order the msi they throw in some stuff, like a bag and a mouse pad. 

then order from newegg

Spoiler

Just now, Enderman said:

then order from newegg

Just in case, how's newegg's rma? I've read some bad things about it.

15 minutes ago, a1pha132 said:

Just in case, how's newegg's rma? I've read some bad things about it.

ive heard its ok, just keep the receipt just in case

Spoiler

I went to order from newegg and the only shipping that is available is $65.99 and in amazon there's free shipping, unfortunately I wont get the bag and stuff because I'm gonna order from amazon.