What is the differents!?!?!?

Ok iv been told by ALOT of people to buy a gtx 970 for my needs... now the thing they never mention is...

WHICH gtx 970? the is like 500 ****ing versions if someone can explain this to me or tell me what be best thank you.

Needs: playing call of duty black ops 3 in highest settings but not 4k same for overwatch and whicher

They are mostly the same, the clocks speeds vary a little and they have different coolers that may make a little more or less noise and have the card running a little hotter or cooler.

An R9 390 is generally a better buy than a GTX 970 though, but not by a wide margin.

1. Do you want to overclock

2. How much space for your gpu do you have (slots and lenght)

3. Is your pc case well ventilated?

4. How much do you care about noise?

5. How much do you care about looks?

6. How much do you care about the price?

2 minutes ago, Rolling Potatoe said:

1. Do you want to overclock

2. How much space for your gpu do you have (slots and lenght)

3. Is your pc case well ventilated?

4. How much do you care about noise?

5. How much do you care about looks?

6. How much do you care about the price?

1. i dont know how to overcloak but i just want 60 fps for my games and i guess i can watch a video to do it? so... yeah..

2. i dont know but i can tell you i got a geforce 550 ti at the moment if that helps you at all.

3. its got 3 big fans on top and a big one on side so i guess alot?

4. not at all

5. not at all

6. a tiny bit? but i want max performance for my needs.

im sorry if my info is a bit useless but i dont know about this stuff hence why im asking. i mainly just watch linusies videos for his commentary.

7 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

They are mostly the same, the clocks speeds vary a little and they have different coolers that may make a little more or less noise and have the card running a little hotter or cooler.

An R9 390 is generally a better buy than a GTX 970 though, but not by a wide margin.

thank you for this but the is also a wide amount of those cards.

http://www.novatech.co.uk/search.html?s=R9%20390

and i still arnt sure of which of those i would need to get

4 minutes ago, onecritman said:

1. i dont know how to overcloak but i just want 60 fps for my games and i guess i can watch a video to do it? so... yeah..

2. i dont know but i can tell you i got a geforce 550 ti at the moment if that helps you at all.

3. its got 3 big fans on top and a big one on side so i guess alot?

4. not at all

5. not at all

6. a tiny bit? but i want max performance for my needs.

im sorry if my info is a bit useless but i dont know about this stuff hence why im asking. i mainly just watch linusies videos for his commentary.

In that case id just pick the cheapest from a good company with an open cooler.

EVGA has one with the for 300$ and you get the devision with that.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487136&cm_re=gtx_970-_-14-487-076-_-Product

Make sure you have 25 cm of space for the card to get in (its longer) and a 400w or more psu with 6 pcie 6 pins.

13 minutes ago, Rolling Potatoe said:

In that case id just pick the cheapest from a good company with an open cooler.

EVGA has one with the for 300$ and you get the devision with that.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487136&cm_re=gtx_970-_-14-487-076-_-Product

Make sure you have 25 cm of space for the card to get in (its longer) and a 400w or more psu with 6 pcie 6 pins.

i looked online the case is called NZXT Lexa S Mid Tower im 99% sure its a shit case and i got the number of fans wrong but i liked the look and everything i own is like that because it reminds me of project yi from league of legends (i love yi i even got his sword made for me :http://postimg.org/image/itzuo3f25/ :3)

2 minutes ago, onecritman said:

i looked online the case is called NZXT Lexa S Mid Tower im 99% sure its a shit case and i got the number of fans wrong but i liked the look and everything i own is like that because it reminds me of project yi from league of legends (i love yi i even got his sword made for me :http://postimg.org/image/itzuo3f25/ :3)

nah, the case is fine dont worry. It fits gpus up to 27 cm so a 970 should fit, although there are some cards that are over 30cm so watch out when you upgrade again.

1 minute ago, Rolling Potatoe said:

nah, the case is fine dont worry. It fits gpus up to 27 cm so a 970 should fit, although there are some cards that are over 30cm so watch out when you upgrade again.

thank you, you have been extremely helpful (and tbh i think most people that say get a gtx 970 only say that because other people told them to get the same because when i ask them the differents they dont know what im on about) so you deserve a cookie :3

Gpu prices are getting cheaper, I would wait

I would hang on to your 550 ti with new cards just around the corner.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit