NVIDIA GTX X/10

2 minutes ago, don_svetlio said:

Possible. Kepler actually has A-sync support on a hardware level so in theory it's the superior platform

haha you're funny!

they also showed the surface of mars...this has nothing to do with async compute or dx12 or anything like that...it's about having something better than iRay for rendering complexe photo-realistic scenes in VR...at least based on what i understood of it.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

24 minutes ago, MEC-777 said:

He won't. He showed the agenda at the beginning. All AI, compute and VR. I highly doubt we will see any new GPU's today. 

Also this is like the 3rd repost of this livestream event. 

You're right, looking at past Nvidia GTC opening keynotes they don't usually showcase new cards.

Like the time in 2015 when the Titan X was unveiled, or the time in 2014 when the Titan Z was unveiled, or the time in 2013 when the Titan was unveiled.

Also, this is the first post as a reminder that the keynote would start in 20 minutes.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

Jen claims GP100 in volume production today. But he's only talking about it for compute right now. I'll guess the GeForce GP100 cards are still a ways out.

Nvidia had 5 things to talk about and one was a deep learning chip, which is the only spot that kinda makes sense for a gpu, and they did.  They revealed the P100 which was really cool, but does this mean they aren't revealing a Pascal Gaming GPU? or at least not yet?

I can help with programming and hardware.

<Script>alert("This website is vulnerable to XSS");</Script>

yup

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

2 minutes ago, don_svetlio said:

yup

I mean the P100 is cool and all with 150B transistors and 15B per chip, pretty impressive, but I was just hoping for a breakthrough in gaming technologies  Maybe they will adapt pascal for the next gen of gaming gpu's because it looks promising

2 minutes ago, Nacho Marco Segui said:

Oh boy, I can feel the disappointment of the people who expected the release of the new gaming cards.

Not that Pascal isn't awesome, I just wanted to see some gaming innovations because that's what I'm most interested in.  Not trying to detract from the awesome achievement here.

As nice as all this Pascal, deep learning ai, VR stuff is...all i wanna know is if it can run Crisis 3 at 60 FPS in 4K so i can start saving and with my meagre yearly salary afford to buy something in the next decade. 

51 minutes ago, littlepigboy5 said:

Nvidia had 5 things to talk about and one was a deep learning chip, which is the only spot that kinda makes sense for a gpu, and they did.  They revealed the P100 which was really cool, but does this mean they aren't revealing a Pascal Gaming GPU? or at least not yet?

48 minutes ago, don_svetlio said:

yup

23 minutes ago, The_Exiled said:

As nice as all this Pascal, deep learning ai, VR stuff is...all i wanna know is if it can run Crisis 3 at 60 FPS in 4K so i can start saving and with my meagre yearly salary afford to buy something in the next decade. 

43 minutes ago, littlepigboy5 said:

Not that Pascal isn't awesome, I just wanted to see some gaming innovations because that's what I'm most interested in.  Not trying to detract from the awesome achievement here.

We might not have gotten to see anything, but at least we got some good information.

https://devblogs.nvidia.com/parallelforall/inside-pascal/

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

14 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

We might not have gotten to see anything, but at least we got some good information.

https://devblogs.nvidia.com/parallelforall/inside-pascal/

300W TDP? :o

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

40 minutes ago, don_svetlio said:

300W TDP? :o

of course what do you expect from chip with 15 billion transistors per layer and 21.2tflop of computing performance...this is serious buisiness...don't worry though the consumer grade cards will be nowhere near that figure...it's not AMD we talking about here ;)

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR