Who is a 32GB ram actually meant for?

Just now, Moonzy said:

there's no b170 chipset as far as im concerned

i know, thats why i got the b150 chipset :P

but right now, the market price of enthusiast mobo is pretty similar for both these chipsets. 

@Zeinone, I'm running tight because I'm buying everything at the same time but good quality stuff..
I game almost everyday and mainly write code but every few days, I need to use Solid Works/Photoshop/After effects/Flash/Vegas pro etc...
But here's the other side of the story - I've been doing all of this on a 3 year old 800$ (more or less after currency conversion) laptop with literally one single working USB port and a touchpad that feels like a porcupine and a 720p display with 6 gigs of ram and an Nvidia 635M video card. I'm pretty patient that way because it sure tests my patience all the time...

Oh, and the brightness drivers seem to have given up so I have to constantly keep the monitor at a fixed brightness and if I try to change it, it goes back to zero in which case I have to boot up Ubuntu from a live CD and use its drivers to increase the brightness and boot back to windows. Even tried reinstalling windows from scratch. Something is very wrong...

10 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

there's no b170 chipset as far as im concerned

i know, thats why i got the b150 chipset :P

yup.. i correct myself.. b150..

1 minute ago, Gadhoke said:

@Zeinone, I'm running tight because I'm buying everything at the same time but good quality stuff..
I game almost everyday and mainly write code but every few days, I need to use Solid Works/Photoshop/After effects/Flash/Vegas pro etc...
But here's the other side of the story - I've been doing all of this on a 3 year old 800$ (more or less after currency conversion) laptop with literally one single working USB port and a touchpad that feels like a porcupine and a 720p display with 6 gigs of ram and an Nvidia 635M video card. I'm pretty patient that way because it sure tests my patience all the time...

Oh, and the brightness drivers seem to have given up so I have to constantly keep the monitor at a fixed brightness and if I try to change it, it goes back to zero in which case I have to boot up Ubuntu from a live CD and use its drivers to increase the brightness and boot back to windows. Even tried reinstalling windows from scratch. Something is very wrong...

Well if you're not modelling, doing in photoshop every day and stuff... Then the i7 6700k together with dual channel 16 gigs of ram is in my opinion the way to go (2x8 gb, look for G.Skill ram, in my opinion best price/perfomance ratio, although they are all pretty close). I'm personally running the i7 5820k with 32 gb of ram inn quad channel due to my multitasking cuz of modelling and programming and rendering and whatnot. I also don't game all the time, and if i do i mainly play LoL, which doesn't use much power. So if i was you I'd get the 16 gb of ram (2x8) UNLESS the price difference is small, then why not futureproof yourself more. Hope it helps!

@Zeinone, thank you so much for taking out time, it definitely does help! :) 

7 minutes ago, Gadhoke said:

@Zeinone, thank you so much for taking out time, it definitely does help! :) 

Glad I can help, if you find trouble seeking for a GPU, as you mentioned, make another topic sharing the specs together with the GPU and the forums will help you ;)