Another Idea for a Scrapyard Wars- SW @ Computex w/other Techtubers [probably won't happen]

I know that there are many threads about different ideas/concepts on how LMG could do the next Scrapyard Wars but I haven't seen this yet. This probably won't happen as it would an incredible amount of extra work on top of what already goes into producing the series.

After the first season, everyone wanted to have other TechTubers on the show, so LMG brought Austin into the third season and we saw quite a crazy 3-way competition what was a nightmare to edit together with all the footage.

In terms of other guests I'd like to see... You could almost make teams of two for each live show, so they would include:

Team The Tek- Logan and Wendell (Qain or Pistol if either couldn't)

Would love to see Logan and Wendell square up against Linus and Luke.

Team Tech Talk- Jerry of Barnacules Nergasm and Jay of Jayztwocents

Although Jerry isn't really that involved with much PC Hardware, Jerryrigging and Scrapyard are basically a match made in heaven, plus Jay would be the main hardware guy and would pick up the slack on that end. Although they are often a bunch of goofballs in their streams, they seem to also have a serious side to them too.

Team AwesomeHardware/aka the ex Eggies- Paul of Pauls' Hardware, and Kyle from Awesomesause Network

Another pair of goofballs (especially when drunk) but both have the PC know how to piece together a decent rig. Both former employees of Newegg, they have both shown they are more than capable since leaving the company.

Team Dam Good : Dmitry and Eber of Hardware Canucks

If it was a videography competition, they'd win (sorry Brandon) but getting the most performance from a used hardware PC is another story. They'd be a second team of Canadians, but from the other side of the country (they are based in Toronto). An interesting team as I'm not sure how much Eber is involved with PC hardware as he usually does reviews on peripherals but I'm sure he knows his way around a PC.

Team Tech Gaming Weekly: Brain from TechYesCity and "Joker" (I'm not sure what his actual name is) from Joker Productions

Kind of a wild card of a team as they are smaller channels but are both gaining a lot of traction as of late. Brain is pretty much the king of finding extremely good deals on old used hardware that can still perform really well. (Check out some of his insanely cheap "gaming" rigs- like $75 cheap). 

I'm not sure how the logistics would work with having the guest competitors edit and release their POV on their own channel with the sponsorship deals and the branding of Scrapyard Wars as an LMG creation, but this could be an option.

The obvious question would be question of how you could possibly get all these people who live all across the continent (and Japan for Brain) in one place to shoot this?

Another issue that the two teams are running into this season (s4ep1 as of writing this) was availability of part in the Vancouver area as there were simply not very many people selling used PC hardware, so everyone going to Vancouver like what Austin did in season 3 doesn't seem to be a good idea.

When these TechTuber meet up every year?... CES!!! But with most of the population in the area at that time being  the tourist/press on the main strip, there aren't many people selling used hardware...

So when/were else is there another huge technology trade show? Computex in Taiwan!

Doing a Scrapyard Wars in another country would create a really new dynamic to the series but it would have its pros and cons

The Good

• Everyone would have a level playing field (assuming LMG can't leverage Dennis' knowlegde of the place)
    • A different currency that nobody is familiar with
    • the language barrier for everybody (except for Dennis) as nobody can speak Mandarin fluently
    • The place if foreign to everybody so a sense of location will be another challenge in itself (those who have been to Computex in previous years might have a slight advantage)
  • With computer hardware malls that contain hundreds of smaller shops, one can often bargain to get better prices unlike in North America where there are mainly a few bigger giant venders like Newegg, NCIX, and MicroCentre. This could allow for the option of new hardware too.
  • Having the next generation of hardware in Polaris, Zen, Pascal, and Kaby Lake to launch either around the Computex time frame or later in the year, it'd be another nice last "horah" for older hardware.

The Bad

• First of all, not everybody will,plan on, or can afford to fly halfway around the world for Computex
  • As mentioned before, planning a Scrapyard Wars takes an incredible of planning an coordination so doing it in another country would be even crazier.
  • Prices for parts in basically anywhere outside of the United States are much higher
  • Transportation could also become an issue as nobody would have a car to drive unless each team had a rental car or something
  • What to do with the PCs after the competition? Giveaway? ;)
  • A big enough location will be needed to build, benchmark and film as a meet up spot
  • Exhaustion- as most could imagine, covering trade shows and posting videos in a timely manner in between brand events like parties is extremely tiring with the little amount of sleep these guys usually get when going to these big shows. Plus you can add some jet lag into the mix..

As I said before, this probably won't happen but it's a cool idea I thought about (in the shower)

What do you guys think about taking Scrapyard wars to the International level?

Some nice ideas :)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

37 minutes ago, FourCorners said:

Its a great idea but think of the strain the editing team would be under for this kind of a project......

but im sure the community will forgive them for slacking a little bit in the daily content production in order to get the scrapyard wars work done ( something which hasnt happened this time around)

Please vote for Donald Trump. I am out of sitcoms to watch.

When lyfe gives you HDDs, make SSDs

Spoiler

9 minutes ago, I am an SSD said:

Its a great idea but think of the strain the editing team would be under for this kind of a project......

but im sure the community will forgive them for slacking a little bit in the daily content production in order to get the scrapyard wars work done ( something which hasnt happened this time around)

15 minutes ago, mikat said:

nice ideas, but think of all the editing @dezeltheintern would have to do because of all the cameras, the one with austin had 1 TB of footage, so that would be even more with more people.

TL;DR: cool idea, but too much work i think

Yeah the amount of raw footage would be insane and basically impossible to edit. But if each team had their own perspective on their own channels it would become a little more bearable. 

@mikat, funny yiu put a tl;dr considering the length of my op

Just now, FourCorners said:

Yeah the amount of raw footage would be insane and basically impossible to edit. But if each team had their own perspective on their own channels it would become a little more bearable. 

@mikat, funny yiu put a tl;dr considering the length of my op

It would be one heck of a series tho, viewership would be compounded and they can get in multiple sponsors too....overall I think it would be VERY profitable for the LMG team...just a lot of hardwork

Please vote for Donald Trump. I am out of sitcoms to watch.

When lyfe gives you HDDs, make SSDs

Spoiler