The First Full-Size Helicopter That Takes Off and Lands All By Itself

Ethnod

Holy crapola man, this is incredible. This is just incredible tech, very impressive. I cant get over the real time telemetry, amazing how quick its evaluating the terrain. tbh I am stunned, very impressed

Source:

http://gizmodo.com/the-first-full-size-helicopter-that-takes-off-and-lands-1344277755

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

This is really cool! I kind of thought at first this was a troll post, or something, since I didn't think about all by it's self meaning autonomous, but glad I watched the video. Between this helicopter, and google's car I wonder how soon we'll actually be able to have self operating vehicles on a decent scale... Very interesting indeed

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

This is pretty cool. This could be useful for rescue purposes when entering dangerous areas in order to survey the area.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

... I could do that... pfft...

I get 60 frames at 1080p on a dual core APU. Ask me how.

AMD FX 8350 CPU / R9 280X GPU / Asus M5A97 LE R 2.0 motherboard / 8GB Kingston HyperX Blue 1600 RAM / 128G OCZ Vertex 4 SSD / 256G Crucial SSD / 2T WD Black HDD / 1T Seagate Barracude HDD / Antec Earthwatts 650W PSU / Coolermaster HAF 922 Case

Fantastic, autonomous helicopters could greatly help rescue efforts (like the maker of the world's first functional helicopter visualized it doing.)

Unfortunately, I can't help but wonder what kind of military applications that can (and probably will) be used for.