Second hand/used parts

Hey guys, 

I live in London and on a tight budget and was thinking of buying second hand/used parts but Ebay is terrible in my area and Craigslist is pretty dry :/ Is there any other websites or suggestions you guys have.

the UK is one of the world's epicenters of datacenters who flip "old" servers for pocket change.

i'd look out for HP proliant G5 or newer, a lot of datacenters throw them out for two digit value (sub 100 of whatever local currency) without hard drives, but otherwise fully functional.

you could pick up one of those, drop in a GPU and hard drive, and you're set for pretty low amount of cash.

Just now, manikyath said:

the UK is one of the world's epicenters of datacenters who flip "old" servers for pocket change.

i'd look out for HP proliant G5 or newer, a lot of datacenters throw them out for two digit value (sub 100 of whatever local currency) without hard drives, but otherwise fully functional.

you could pick up one of those, drop in a GPU and hard drive, and you're set for pretty low amount of cash.

Would you say something like this? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HP-Proliant-DL380-G5-Server-2-x-QC-Xeon-E5420-2-50GHz-8GB-RAM-2-x-72GB-HDD-/121945174990?hash=item1c647fb3ce:g:dGIAAOSwwpdW3-5b

they're low speed xeons, but unbeatable for the price :P

What xeons would you suggest?

2 minutes ago, jorge97 said:

What xeons would you suggest?

the issue with the old stuff is that their IPC is much lower than modern processors, so 2.5GHz isnt too great.

still tho, for £40 you wont find aything even near.

the issue with the old stuff is that their IPC is much lower than modern processors, so 2.5GHz isnt too great.

still tho, for £40 you wont find aything even near.

I'm looking through Ebay because for some reason Craigslist is dry af right now and all I'm seeing is pure rubbish :/

You can buy like an i3, 4GBs of ram, Motherboard and 500gb HDD for like 80 quid on ebay. I would go that route. Buy a new case and power supply. For like 130 and some change.

28 minutes ago, jorge97 said:

Hey guys, 

I live in London and on a tight budget and was thinking of buying second hand/used parts but Ebay is terrible in my area and Craigslist is pretty dry :/ Is there any other websites or suggestions you guys have.

How much are willing to spend?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

Just now, Abdul201588 said:

How much are willing to spend?

I've found a Titan X from a friend for £260, I'm just looking for a CPU, motherboard, and a cpu cooler

44 minutes ago, jorge97 said:

I've found a Titan X from a friend for £260, I'm just looking for a CPU, motherboard, and a cpu cooler

A TITAN X FOR £260?! WTF>¬!?!l:¬?

Just now, IsaacDaGrazin said:

A TITAN X FOR £260?! WTF>¬!?!l:¬?

Yeah, £260, I've got an update, I also have now got a I7 6700k for £140 and a Asus Zi70i Gaming Mini ITX for £60