Coloring ssd?

Messisan321

So i have recantly been checking out the OCZ trion 150 480gb and if i were to build a computer  it wouldnt fit my color scheme. so the question is, if i colored it to lets say red, would i void the warranty?

Selling a MSI GTX 550ti in stockholm sweden or looking for free pc parts in Stockholm sweden

Yes

If you inside your best best is to plastidip it so you can peel it off.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

1 minute ago, Nexxus said:

Yes

If you inside your best best is to plastidip it so you can peel it off.

Ah, okay. not so good

Selling a MSI GTX 550ti in stockholm sweden or looking for free pc parts in Stockholm sweden

If you insist I meant to say.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Looks like :-

Warranty is void if - Alteration, Modification, Disassembly or unauthorized repair.  I would imagine painting is Alteration.

OCZ warranty conditions

What you could do is use Plastidip (or similar) and remove it if sending back the unit.  Remember removal of any Manufacturers stickers voids the warranty too,.  You could just say "To heck with the warranty" rip the stickers of and have at it with the paint, as Kyle's T-shirt says "I'll void my warranty, how quaint"

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

22 minutes ago, soup said:

Looks like :-

Warranty is void if - Alteration, Modification, Disassembly or unauthorized repair.  I would imagine painting is Alteration.

OCZ warranty conditions

What you could do is use Plastidip (or similar) and remove it if sending back the unit.  Remember removal of any Manufacturers stickers voids the warranty too,.  You could just say "To heck with the warranty" rip the stickers of and have at it with the paint, as Kyle's T-shirt says "I'll void my warranty, how quaint"

"I´ll void my warranty, thats cute" -Not me. 

I would like to do that but im to scared, guess plastdipping is my best bet then

i wouldn't care about the warrenty because ssd's don't fail as fast on you as hdd's so when a ssd fails on you, you are probably out of warrenty for a long time and maybe it will be time to upgrade. Go for it boy paint it with all your creativity!

22 hours ago, Speed bump said:

i wouldn't care about the warrenty because ssd's don't fail as fast on you as hdd's so when a ssd fails on you, you are probably out of warrenty for a long time and maybe it will be time to upgrade. Go for it boy paint it with all your creativity!

Can... can i have a dildo race on it?