$350 for an Upgrade

Current build: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/Bobby_Joe_90/saved/pHhfrH

What should I upgrade? I'm open to all suggestions. I'm in Canada so please provide Canadian links. I also have a little bit extra for an upgrade but don't really want to spend it. I could spend that extra money if possible. 

Get a 256gb ssd, sell your i3 and get an i5.

When the next generation of gpu launches sell the 950 and get 1060 ti or something like that.

Also your psu is pretty crappy,

if its noisy replace it now with a gold 550w unit or so.

The wattage is enough for your build, but it limits you a bit with upgrading your gpu.

3 minutes ago, Rolling Potatoe said:

Get a 256gb ssd, sell your i3 and get an i5.

When the next generation of gpu launches sell the 950 and get 1060 ti or something like that.

Also your psu is pretty crappy,

if its noisy replace it now with a gold 550w unit or so.

The wattage is enough for your build, but it limits you a bit with upgrading your gpu.

How much do you think a 1060 will be worth. And will it be VR ready?

12 minutes ago, Bobby_Joe_90 said:

Just live without a VESA mount and get a 1440p display

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/part/acer-monitor-umkg7aa002

or go for a 1080p 144hz display, this one has free-sync which you can't use now, but the G-sync ones cost $499, so go for free-sync, maybe upgrade to polaris after getting a proper PSU, competitive games should run at high fps anyways

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/part/aoc-monitor-g2460pf

and I hope you don't plan on changing your motherboard anytime soon as you have an OEM windows key which should be locked to your board anyways

maybe upgrade your CPU otherwise, but you probably don't really need to for 1080p 60hz gaming, most either get a nice display or just save up your money

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Just now, Bobby_Joe_90 said:

It will be about yay-much. And it might be VR ready. (We don't know yet, since it's a product that have yet to been released).

And as the above comment mentioned. Adding an SSD as your primary boot drive will probably be the best for now.

10 minutes ago, Bobby_Joe_90 said:

You'd still need 2 of the top end GPUs for proper VR gaming, and about a thousand dollars or so for the headset, plus you need an overclocked i5 to get your minimum frame rates up

I really wouldn't worry about VR, and I'd want to see if nvidia fixes it's DX12 issues with pascal.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Just live without a VESA mount and get a 1440p display

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/part/acer-monitor-umkg7aa002

or go for a 1080p 144hz display, this one has free-sync which you can't use now, but the G-sync ones cost $499, so go for free-sync, maybe upgrade to polaris after getting a proper PSU, competitive games should run at high fps anyways

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/part/aoc-monitor-g2460pf

and I hope you don't plan on changing your motherboard anytime soon as you have an OEM windows key which should be locked to your board anyways

maybe upgrade your CPU otherwise, but you probably don't really need to for 1080p 60hz gaming, most either get a nice display or just save up your money

don't really see why a display upgrade would be a good idea. My GPU can't drive 144fps or 1440p unless it's a CS GO. The OEM windows thing was a mistake sorry.

7 minutes ago, Bobby_Joe_90 said:

Well, I cant know the future, but with the occult art of ``nvidia and amd place their products the same for years with very little change´´ I can quite comfortably say:

1. It will have a 200-250$ launch price

2. It will perform similar to a 970

3. It will have 2-4 gb ram (scew you nvidia if it has 2)

4. It will support sli

5. It will use significantly under 200w

6. It will run ok with most vr titles, but if you spend a grand or so on vr gear you might aswell get anouther 1060 or a higher end card to get a better experience.

1 minute ago, Bobby_Joe_90 said:

don't really see why a display upgrade would be a good idea. My GPU can't drive 144fps or 1440p unless it's a CS GO. The OEM windows thing was a mistake sorry.

Right, you'd be able to run competitive games that fast, which is where it matters most, also older games as well, and indie games.

but that'd be my suggestion, you could just get a new GPU in a few months anyways, especially given how power efficient polaris is looking to be.

Also you'd have to live with a TN display naturally.

Spoiler