how do US camera prices vary compaired to UK prices?

i simply want to know how americans cameras's pricing is different than from the uk,

as i intend to get one abroad there (more specifically orlando) as the currency is different and all.

I guess it will depend on different camera models and price points, but for example the video camera I own is roughly $1000 more expensive in the UK, when converted to the same currency.

Edit: if I include the VAT.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

1 minute ago, ALwin said:

I guess it will depend on different camera models and price points, but for example the video camera I own is roughly $1000 more expensive in the UK, when converted to the same currency.

VAT?

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

i'm looking a enthusiast compact when it comes to formfactor, and it's not going to be of the higher end, that's for sure

2 minutes ago, ZetZet said:

VAT?

Yes, I was including VAT in my calculation.

http://cvp.com/index.php?t=product/sony_pxw-fs7&sourceRef=int%3Asuggest&userInput=Fs7

vs

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1082825-REG/sony_pxw_fs7_compact_4k_xdcam_with.html

With the US, if I buy from B&H in while I am located in New York I might have to pay a different tax amount than if I order from B&H while living out of state.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

3 minutes ago, adamhouse9999 said:

i'm looking a enthusiast compact when it comes to formfactor, and it's not going to be of the higher end, that's for sure

I suggest you look online now to compare prices for the model you want.

2 minutes ago, ALwin said:

I suggest you look online now to compare prices for the model you want.

i haven't yet decided yet so i want a more general idea on how prices vary

yes, and same for that high end video camera you gave a link to before

got any other info to add, or is this usually the case for cameras?

also how come the design is different thougth the game is the same with the exception of an extra space?

6 minutes ago, adamhouse9999 said:

Don't consumers have to pay VAT in the UK?

2 minutes ago, ALwin said:

Don't consumers have to pay VAT in the UK?

ofc they do, like US consumers have to pay sales tax, but sales tax is never included in the price it's after checkout. 

VAT is always added and it's clear.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

20 minutes ago, adamhouse9999 said:

Nope, that high end video camera still costs less in the US, unless you are not a UK resident and do not have to pay VAT.  It's even cheaper if you're not a resident of New York.  I know New York has a high sales tax of around 9% or so.

Prices will differ upon:

• product category
  • price range
  • and perhaps how the stores in each country have an agreement with the manufacturer

In Switzerland, where I purchased the camera, my supplier has an agreement with Sony that makes all Sony products generally cheaper than the US, even though Switzerland is supposed to be generally more expensive.

you're right, it varies.

the best plan would be to decide which one you want before going abroad and check if it's cheaper here then there or not.

or pick one from a uk seller and another from the us which could have more variety but i could be wrong 

3 minutes ago, adamhouse9999 said:

you're right, it varies.

the best plan would be to decide which one you want before going abroad and check if it's cheaper here then there or not.

or pick one from a uk seller and another from the us which could have more variety but i could be wrong 

• Well there could always be differences in bundled packages
  • but camera models that are identical will almost always be identical in the specifications and design.  E.g. A Nikon D3300 camera sold in the US will be the same as a Nikon D3300 camera sold in the UK.

When it comes to video cameras, some particular models are region locked by the manufacturer.  I've seen some cameras sold in the US record video at 1080p 30/60fps only and the same exact model sold in Europe record video at 1080p 25/50fps only.  With technology these days, there are a lot of cameras that can record all these frame rates with the change in the settings, so I have no idea why manufacturers still make such distinctions for some models.

so i should also check the included accessories

and maybe even the specs?

1 minute ago, adamhouse9999 said:

so i should also check the included accessories

and maybe even the specs?

Yes.

When I talk about bundled packages, I mean bundled accessories that are included by the seller/retailer.  Not the manufacturer.  The default "in the box" by the manufacturer should be the same, but places like Amazon will have sellers adding "extra accessories" to entice the consumer into buying.

Like this kind of bundle: http://www.amazon.com/International-Batteries-Accessory-HeroFiber-Cleaning/dp/B00W68DSWQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1459717184&sr=8-2&keywords=camera+bundle

Though a lot of those extras in the bundles are the low quality stuff that you might end up giving or throwing away once you out grow them quickly.

If you are looking to buy a camera capable of recording video, whether it is a proper video camera or a photo camera with video recording functionality, make sure you don't get one that is region locked.  The camera should support 24/25/30fps frame rates at least.