Can someone help me with my question?

Go to solution Solved by ReturnOfCzex,
5 minutes ago, Admin1 said:

So overall to be safe i should just reinstall my os!

Pretty much. Backup data first.

So after working on a 3D college assignment i have reached my computers process limit causing my computer to crash and slow down while working with lots of objects.

I have ordered myself some new pc parts to help with this problem such has the following, Intel i7 4790k processor, MSI Gaming 5 Motherboard and the cooler master hyper 212 evo.

When i get these new parts i just want to put them into my computer and hook up the old storage drives i have, Samsung SSD and one other 500GB storage drive.

Q. Can i put these new computer parts into my computer and hook up my old storage drives and boot up windows without reinstalling and can i hook up my 500GB Hard drive that has all my files on it and use them also? 

If any of this is hard to understand please let me know down below! I really need to know because if i have to reinstall i want to create my boot key before they arrive!

-Thanks for the help in advanced!

1 minute ago, Admin1 said:

-snip-

Yes you can. It will be just like having your old computer, with a new body. If your putting in other drives that used to have some versions of Windows installed on them, make sure you set the boot priority in your BIOS to boot from the drive you primarily use. Other than that, all your files will still be there.

3 minutes ago, Flashie said:

Yes you can. It will be just like having your old computer, with a new body. If your putting in other drives that used to have some versions of Windows installed on them, make sure you set the boot priority in your BIOS to boot from the drive you primarily use. Other than that, all your files will still be there.

That is Perfect man cheers! I had a feeling that it would work but just wanted to make sure!

Actually Its hard to say really if it will be as simple as that , you'll have the  old drivers and registries for said drivers chipset, about everything will need to be  properly uninstalled  then your new drivers installed , I had a pc that wouldnt boot into windows when I added a drive with a preinstalled OS.  had to  format and start over. but usually you can boot in safe mode. to do the driver uninstalls

5 minutes ago, Flashie said:

Uh... Not quite. Windows is attached to the hardware it's used with to activate first. Once removed, it may need to be reactivated. Make sure you have that key.

1 minute ago, Toxicknight79 said:

Actually Its hard to say really if it will be as simple as that , you'll have the  old drivers and registries for said drivers chipset, about everything will need to be  properly uninstalled  then your new drivers installed , I had a pc that wouldnt boot into windows when I added a drive with a preinstalled OS.  had to  format and start over.

So i should reinstall my Linux onto my ssd when i have the hardware?

1 minute ago, ReturnOfCzex said:

Uh... Not quite. Windows is attached to the hardware it's used with to activate first. Once removed, it may need to be reactivated. Make sure you have that key.

I've moved several HDD's with different OS's on them and havn't come across that yet. Guess you learn something new everyday then. Thanks

2 minutes ago, Toxicknight79 said:

Actually Its hard to say really if it will be as simple as that , you'll have the  old drivers and registries for said drivers chipset, about everything will need to be  properly uninstalled  then your new drivers installed , I had a pc that wouldnt boot into windows when I added a drive with a preinstalled OS.  had to  format and start over.

This too! Big factor the drivers

well linux I can't really  say that will  be  an issue as linux though more complicated sometimes is a much more durable OS.

16 hours ago, Supercian411 said:

is it an oem licence

OEM of what? With Win8 and newer that means new key. Non-brand Win7 Oems can be re-used.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv