Would this build work, what can i improve on?

case:Cooler master pro 5 case 

power suppy: Corsair RM series 550w fully modular 

motherboard: msi z97 gaming 5 intel 

front fans: 2x corsair air series 120mm red led 

liquid cpu cooler: corsair hydro series h100i gtx 240mm 

ram: 2x hyper fury 16gb (2 x 8) 1866 mhz ddr3 red

rear fan: corsair air series Quiet edition 140mm  

graphics card:  msi geforce gtx 960 4g 

ssd: hyperx savage sata 3 480 gb 

hhd : wd blue sata 6gb 2 TB 64 mb 3.5 inch.

Questions

1 Can i use 2 hhd 2 ssd?

2 How do i transfer data from one hdd to another?

3 would a intel i7 4770 work with this build? 

4 i am using a hhd from a pre build acer computer in this new build do i need a new operating system and when the computer loads up would it say acer at the start?

Thank you for helping me i appreciate all your help. 

The i7 4770 isn't an unlocked CPU so spending extra cash on a Z97 motherboard and a premium AIO cooler is pointless since you can't overclock. Either go for a i5 4690K or a i7 4790K, or a Xeon 1231 v3 with a H97 and a cheap air cooler. You can even go Skylake if you wish since the prices of Skylake CPUs and DDR4 RAM are so close to Haswell.

The R9 380 performs better than the GTX 960.

I'd get a better PSU, like the EVGA SuperNOVA 550 G2. Corsair's RM series are usually overpriced.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

8 minutes ago, yogie007 said:

Questions

1 Can i use 2 hhd 2 ssd?

4 i am using a hhd from a pre build acer computer in this new build do i need a new operating system and when the computer loads up would it say acer at the start?

Okay, what´s your budget, goal for the build, and your location? 

Spend less on:

- the memory (8GB of RAM is fine for gaming today, you didn't say what you will use this for, so I need to guess)

- on the CPU-cooler

- the Pro 5 comes with three 140mm case fans, no need for more

- If you don't overclock, get an H97 chipset mainboard.

Put the spending to get a better GPU, like the 380X or even R9 390.

1 hour ago, yogie007 said:
Spoiler

Questions

1 Can i use 2 hhd 2 ssd?

1. Yes.
  2. Copy the files. There are utilities to clone disks.
  3. Yes.
  4. A new motherboard requires a re-installation of the o/s. You can use the hdd unit, but not the o/s install. I.E. you cannot simply move the drive and boot off of it. As to the Acer logo question, depends on what generates the logo.

The RM series of psu, particularly the 550W model, are not known for reliability. You might want to look for a better build, more reliable psu. RMx and RMi are good alternatives. As are models from Seagate, Superflower, and EVGA.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

50 minutes ago, brob said:
  1. Yes.
  3. Yes.
  4. A new motherboard requires a re-installation of the o/s. You can use the hdd unit, but not the o/s install. I.E. you cannot simply move the drive and boot off of it. As to the Acer logo question, depends on what generates the logo.

The RM series of psu, particularly the 550W model, are not known for reliability. You might want to look for a better build, more reliable psu. RMx and RMi are good alternatives. As are models from Seagate, Superflower, and EVGA.

Actually, he can use the previous OS installation, although a fresh format is better. You will just have to install the new drivers, removing the old ones wont exactly help. 

The acer logo is generated by the mobo, mine for instance has ASUS, there is no connection between that and the original storage device. 

OP: Go with 16gb of Ram unless you do intensive video editing or batch work in photoshop regularly. 

Get a different PSU, personally I like to go a bit overkill since you never know what you may want to upgrade to in the future. I hear that these are fairly decent: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-power-supply-220g20750xr, I wouldn't know though, my pc currently has my 10 year old CM realpower M1000 in. 

cutting out cpu cooler, getting a cheaper case and mobo could allow you to get something like a 970/r9 390

6700k|Hyper 212 EVO|Asus Z170 Deluxe|GTX970 STRIX|16gb 2400mhz Teamgroup memory|Samsung 950 PRO+ 2TB Seagate HDD| CM Realpower M1000|H440

"The tragedy of the poor is the poverty of their aspirations" Adam Smith

Take a look at my flickr?:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/150012948@N06/

8 hours ago, Starelementpoke said:

Okay, what´s your budget, goal for the build, and your location? 

My budge is about £800-£1000 

8 hours ago, pckid said:

I would buy a R9 380 4G since they are usually faster than a GTX 960 4G.

I have already bought the gtx 960 4g but thank you anyway 

8 hours ago, HKZeroFive said:

The i7 4770 isn't an unlocked CPU so spending extra cash on a Z97 motherboard and a premium AIO cooler is pointless since you can't overclock. Either go for a i5 4690K or a i7 4790K, or a Xeon 1231 v3 with a H97 and a cheap air cooler. You can even go Skylake if you wish since the prices of Skylake CPUs and DDR4 RAM are so close to Haswell.

The R9 380 performs better than the GTX 960.

I'd get a better PSU, like the EVGA SuperNOVA 550 G2. Corsair's RM series are usually overpriced.

I am only using the i7 4770 because it's from my pre build computer to save money but if it's better to get a new cpu I'll get one,what cpu do you recommend for my build and I'll have a look at a better psu, thank you for your help.

7 hours ago, Crowcore said:

Spend less on:

- the memory (8GB of RAM is fine for gaming today, you didn't say what you will use this for, so I need to guess)

- on the CPU-cooler

- the Pro 5 comes with three 140mm case fans, no need for more

- If you don't overclock, get an H97 chipset mainboard.

Put the spending to get a better GPU, like the 380X or even R9 390.

Yes I am using it for gaming and college work, what good cpu cooler do you recommend and I would like to change the stock fan to red led fans, thank you for your help.

6 hours ago, brob said:
  1. Yes.
  3. Yes.

Ok thank you for your help 

5 hours ago, cc143 said:

Actually, he can use the previous OS installation, although a fresh format is better. You will just have to install the new drivers, removing the old ones wont exactly help. 

The acer logo is generated by the mobo, mine for instance has ASUS, there is no connection between that and the original storage device. 

OP: Go with 16gb of Ram unless you do intensive video editing or batch work in photoshop regularly. 

Get a different PSU, personally I like to go a bit overkill since you never know what you may want to upgrade to in the future. I hear that these are fairly decent: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-power-supply-220g20750xr, I wouldn't know though, my pc currently has my 10 year old CM realpower M1000 in. 

cutting out cpu cooler, getting a cheaper case and mobo could allow you to get something like a 970/r9 390

Ok thank you for your help i will look in to it 

2 hours ago, yogie007 said:

I have already bought the gtx 960 4g but thank you anyway 

Well it will still be a great gpu.

10 hours ago, yogie007 said:

Yes I am using it for gaming and college work, what good cpu cooler do you recommend and I would like to change the stock fan to red led fans, thank you for your help.

A decent air cooler, that would get the job done and not cost too much. Like the Hyper T4.

Ok, if it's for the looks than sure, go with the red LED fans ;)

6 hours ago, Crowcore said:

A decent air cooler, that would get the job done and not cost too much. Like the Hyper T4.

Ok, if it's for the looks than sure, go with the red LED fans ;)

ok thank you