Will adding an SSD to my computer play a smooth preview without pre-rendering it?

I am using Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 when I'm video editing. Should I buy an SSD to play a 1080p, 60fps video smoothly in the preview tab without pre-rendering it? 

My specs:

Intel Core i5 3570K

8 GB DDR3 RAM (Dual Channel) at 1600mHz

Gigabyte GTX 950 WF Edition

Toshiba DT01ACA200 HDD (2TB 7200RPM)

Would it harm the SSD if I will transfer the raw footages on the SSD, edit it using Adobe Premiere Pro and render, and after I'm finished with the video I will transfer the raw footages to my HDD and do this routine every time I'm going to make videos?

Thank you

1 hour ago, Macrox said:

Enable GPU acceleration, you shouldn't be having much issue looking at your preview.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

1080p 60fps is a little vague. What codec are these files in? What is the bitrate? You mentioned raw, are we talking 4:4:4 video, or more compressed than that?

The above GPU acceleration will help greatly, but only for certain types of edits or effects. 

Does the bar on the top of the timeline appear red, yellow, or green? 

I apologize for all the questions, just trying to narrow it down for the best answer.

Whoa. I enabled GPU acceleration and I played the preview, it was smoother than before. The bar on top of the timeline appears yellow when I didn't pre-render. I really don't know the these codec and bitrate as I am only new to this kind of stuff. I use a GoPro Hero 4 Black at 1080p 60fps settings and ProTune is off.

Will adding an SSD boost my render time (export)?

Thank you guys for helping, this means a lot to me

22 hours ago, Streetguru said:

Enable GPU acceleration, you shouldn't be having much issue looking at your preview.

Whoa. I enabled GPU acceleration and I played the preview, it was smoother than before.

20 hours ago, Evanair said:

1080p 60fps is a little vague. What codec are these files in? What is the bitrate? You mentioned raw, are we talking 4:4:4 video, or more compressed than that?

The above GPU acceleration will help greatly, but only for certain types of edits or effects. 

Does the bar on the top of the timeline appear red, yellow, or green? 

I apologize for all the questions, just trying to narrow it down for the best answer.

The bar on top of the timeline appears yellow when I didn't pre-render. I really don't know the these codec and bitrate as I am only new to this kind of stuff. I use a GoPro Hero 4 Black at 1080p 60fps settings and ProTune is off.

Will adding an SSD boost my render time (export)?

Would it harm the SSD if I will transfer the raw footages on the SSD, edit it using Adobe Premiere Pro and render, and after I'm finished with the video I will transfer the raw footages to my HDD and do this routine every time I'm going to make videos?

Thank you guys for helping, this means a lot to me

6 minutes ago, Macrox said:

I don't think an SSD is going to affect your render times, and it wouldn't really harm it no, just make it die sooner than if it were just an OS SSD that doesn't get written to much.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

If it's yellow, it means it's using the GPU to render your preview. So that's where that boost came from.

And yes, and SSD will help, I added three (data, swap, and export) and it's pretty good but one will be enough.

The codec questions don't matter now that I know you're using a GoPro, so don't worry about the other questions.

On 4/3/2016 at 10:17 AM, Streetguru said:

I don't think an SSD is going to affect your render times, and it wouldn't really harm it no, just make it die sooner than if it were just an OS SSD that doesn't get written to much.

On 4/3/2016 at 2:31 PM, Evanair said:

If it's yellow, it means it's using the GPU to render your preview. So that's where that boost came from.

And yes, and SSD will help, I added three (data, swap, and export) and it's pretty good but one will be enough.

The codec questions don't matter now that I know you're using a GoPro, so don't worry about the other questions.

After enabling GPU acceleration, my preview is not showing. I used the Mercury Playback Engine Software Only and then the preview came back

Make sure your drivers are up to date.  If that doesn't fix it, go through Premiere's settings and make sure everything is correct for outputs and such.  An easy way to make sure of this is to just reset all of Premiere's preferences and start from there.  

If you're using Software Only, your CPU is doing all the work while the GPU takes a paid vacation. 

6 hours ago, Macrox said:

After enabling GPU acceleration, my preview is not showing. I used the Mercury Playback Engine Software Only and then the preview came back

Might wanna try reinstalling your drivers and premier, worst case you reinstall windows, that usually fixes any issues with windows.

Spoiler