MY EXPERIECE WITH LOGITECH CS

kalious78

So i want to share my story regarding logitech customer support, I've never really had any issues with any of the things I've bought from them in the past that i couldn't sort myself. my g500 + g600 both had issues with worn plastic and missed clicks but a lil superglue/tape easily fixed that, they're almost 5 years old now and still work as good as ever.

Just to list a few of there products i currently own g600, g500, m570, g303, g302, g502, quickcam express, c920, g710+, g810, g910, k230 and g430. There are a couple more old keyboards and mice kicking around but that's not really important I'm just trying to show how much of a logitech fanboy i already am.

I've owned razor products that fell apart within 1 month, had issues with corsair ssds dying within 6 months etc. The corsair thing really annoyed me as i actually tried to rma it to be told id have to send it recorded delivery out my own pocket to Germany, So i told them where to stick it, Hell my sons corsair headphones have just died after 2 months due to crappy soldering as well.

Anyway to the story, Recently my beloved g710+ started having issues with a keyswitch, i know i could have fixed this myself but it would of meant buying a soldering kit, new switch, led and im not really that comfortable soldering, I've never tried it although I may still give it a shot.

Instead i opted to just pony up for a new g810 in an offer i saw that included the division for free and I'm glad i did but.... i really do love my g710+. After seeing it had a 3 year warranty and was just under 2 years old i thought id chance my arm and see what logitech would say.

The customer support agent i spoke to via there website was great we had a few back to backs and i explained the issue, basically 1 sole key was temperamental and only registered a press just over 50% of the time. He approved an rma that turned out to be a set of keycaps to try which kind of puzzled me so i shared a couple vids demonstrating the issue, a pic of my keycap which was still fine and said i was happy to try the keycaps but i didn't see how that could fix the issue.

The day the keycaps arrived i opened them up and tried them, 2 where actually damaged in transit/packaging ,no biggy really as my keycaps are fine so i just put the 2 old ones back on. It may have helped slightly with the problem but nothing noticeable. I logged into logitechs support site to update my ticket and saw a new reply to my prev msg with the vids/pic apologising that the g710+ was no longer available as a replacement and if I agreed they would upgrade me to a g910 with a link to its webpage.

The best i was hoping for was an rma of my g710+ and them swapping the switch so i was kinda shocked at the response. I had looked at the g910 but after seeing linus's review of the keys i instead opted for the g810 even though it lacks a palm rest and the extra g keys.

Either way today my brand spanking new g910 has arrived with another free copy of the division I've given my kid and my g710+ is still sat here with a new set of keycaps teasing me begging me to find someone/swap the single keyswitch out thats faulty.

I actually feel guilty about how out of there way logitech has gone in response to my ticket, I cant imagine any other company going this far to help a customer out on a product that was almost 2 years old.

Needless to say I'm now an even bigger logitech fanboy and after seeing how amazing there customer support is I'm off to buy a pair of g633's and hope my heads shaped like linus's !

TLDR: I HEART LOGITECH !!!

I mainly see a lot of negative things posted on forums regarding products/customer support, Thought it would be nice to share my experience as a change to show how awesome some company's can be.

Oh yes, I'm currently RMAing my sound card with creative due to a deflective mic port which developed after having a plug stuck inside it for 1 year and a tad...the RMA request took them 5 days to respond to be told I needed everything (instructions, box, accessories that came with it ect.) where I had to explain that I lost the remote and I  don't have the instructions and box anymore so they told me to only send in the sound card where they would "only" replace the sound card and not the whole package (they actually did say they were going to send out a completely new sound card with all of it's retail packaging and whatnot). I sent it away today and hopefully nothing that's going to trigger me is going to happen and I just get it replaced :D (god I miss the mic boost on it...it was the perfect volume as now I only get complains on how my mic is too quiet...). This is my second RMA experience

My first RMA was with XFX...I requested an RMA, they sent me a label within 12 hours of requesting it (6 hours to be precise), returned it for free, they didn't have any of my models in stock, they offered a better PSU (well slightly, core edition to xxx edition, upgrade to semi modular and from a t3 psu to a t2 (or t2 to t1 with Aniallation's list before it was updated to what it is now with the extra tiers :P) or a refund, took the upgrade of PSU, sorted within a week and the problem it turned out was the cabling in my house was fried so it wasn't even a problem with the PSU :D

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

2 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Oh yes, I'm currently RMAing my sound card with creative due to a deflective mic port which developed after having a plug stuck inside it for 1 year and a tad...the RMA request took them 5 days to respond to be told I needed everything (instructions, box, accessories that came with it ect.) where I had to explain that I lost the remote and I  don't have the instructions and box anymore so they told me to only send in the sound card where they would "only" replace the sound card and not the whole package (they actually did say they were going to send out a completely new sound card with all of it's retail packaging and whatnot). I sent it away today and hopefully nothing that's going to trigger me is going to happen and I just get it replaced :D (god I miss the mic boost on it...it was the perfect volume as now I only get complains on how my mic is too quiet...). This is my second RMA experience

My first RMA was with XFX...I requested an RMA, they sent me a label within 12 hours of requesting it (6 hours to be precise), returned it for free, they didn't have any of my models in stock, they offered a better PSU (well slightly, core edition to xxx edition, upgrade to semi modular and from a t3 psu to a t2 (or t2 to t1 with Aniallation's list before it was updated to what it is now with the extra tiers :P) or a refund, took the upgrade of PSU, sorted within a week and the problem it turned out was the cabling in my house was fried so it wasn't even a problem with the PSU :D

lol ive actually got a a 750w xfx xxx edition in my pc atm if I recall right its just a rebranded seasonic. Good luck with ur rma I hope it all works out.