How to use tv satelite dish as wifi booster thru aux

Bajantechnician
On 4/2/2016 at 7:25 PM, Bajantechnician said:

ahh.

that part.... I dont know....

because if i do carry a dish on my end, then itll ahve to be small enough to fix in a backpack, or locker

Keep in mind, you need a transmitter and battery besides that dish. Like I stated above, the people whom were doing this were not using 2.4Ghz they had to use lower frequencies like 800 or 900 Mhz to do this. These frequencies tend to go further. Im not sure what the FCC rules are on using those frequencies. On top of that, what power limits are im place by law. 

On top of the fact, Im not sure how this will effect speeds. 800 Mhz is being added to WiFi in 2017-2018. Its only going to give speeds of 1 to 2 Mbps. Is 802.11AH for those whom want to look up the standard. 

You would never be able to make wearable gear, as you will probably need to have both dish on the roof of a building. Honestly I think this endeavor is a waste of time. Hell, Linus showed products from Ubiquit which preformed this task, they were designed to do site to site wireless links. On top of that there are legal issue you need to check out first. This could be a violation of a Federal Law. Ive read articles about people being busted by the FCC, they wont necessarily throw you in jail, but they will impose hefty fines, and maybe ban you from owning WiFi equipment. Not joking about the ban, my Dad is banned from using CB radio's for life. When he was younger, he had a CB radio which outputted too much power, him and a lot of people in that area were busted. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.