Cheap AMD Storage And Minecraft Server

Ok So I'm Looking For A Server To Store Stuff On And Play Minecraft On Occasionally. I Would Like A 6 - 8 Core AMD CPU May WaterCool The CPU Depending On If Overclocking Is Needed. If I Play Minecraft It Will Be With A Max of 10 People At Any 1 Time. Thats Probably Pushing It Though. £130 Is The MAX for the CPU. Ram Shouldn't Be An Issue. It Won't Be On 365 Days A Year Due To Power Prices Will Rocket With my Main Machine And That Thing Going At The Same Time. Any Suggestions.

Full Budget Is Around £450 To £500 Depending On Prices Of Pascal For My Main Machine. 

2 minutes ago, TheGroovyMiner said:

Ok So I'm Looking For A Server To Store Stuff On And Play Minecraft On Occasionally. I Would Like A 6 - 8 Core AMD CPU May WaterCool The CPU Depending On If Overclocking Is Needed. If I Play Minecraft It Will Be With A Max of 10 People At Any 1 Time. Thats Probably Pushing It Though. £130 Is The MAX for the CPU. Ram Shouldn't Be An Issue. It Won't Be On 365 Days A Year Due To Power Prices Will Rocket With my Main Machine And That Thing Going At The Same Time. Any Suggestions.

Full Budget Is Around £450 To £500 Depending On Prices Of Pascal For My Main Machine. 

well first you will NEed lots of DEdotated wam

Mouse: Logitech g402 <3

Keyboard: Some Tenkeyless with blue kalih switches

Headphones: Logitech g430

Monitor: HP w2207h (1680 x 1050 @ 60hz)

PC Specs:CPU(AMD A8 6500 @3.5ghz), Mobo ( ASUS A68HM-E  FM2+), 1x1600mhz 4gb stick of ram, Random grey PSU, 920gb ssd

PhoneIphone 5 32gb

Tablet: Ipad 2 16gb

Laptop:Toshiba satelite with 8gb of ram a 480gb ssd and a mobile 2nd gen I3

8 minutes ago, TheGroovyMiner said:

Here:

PCPartPicker part list: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/YjmfYJ
Price breakdown by merchant: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/YjmfYJ/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD FX-8320E 3.2GHz 8-Core Processor  (£107.91 @ Amazon UK) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper TX3 Evo 43.1 CFM CPU Cooler  (£15.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 ATX AM3+ Motherboard  (£51.99 @ Ebuyer) 
Memory: Patriot Viper 3 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (£52.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: A-Data Premier SP550 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£33.95 @ More Computers) 
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R7 360 2GB Video Card  (£82.98 @ Ebuyer) 
Case: BitFenix Nova ATX Mid Tower Case  (£26.99 @ Novatech) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£70.97 @ Amazon UK) 
Total: £443.77
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-03-31 12:59 BST+0100

-snip-

Yep, make sure that you stack up RAM most as possible, a Minecraft Server will eat up alot! I recomend atleast 16 GB better 32GB, but hey RAM is cheap nowadays (go for used)

Just now, Starelementpoke said:

Here:

PCPartPicker part list: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/YjmfYJ
Price breakdown by merchant: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/YjmfYJ/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD FX-8320E 3.2GHz 8-Core Processor  (£107.91 @ Amazon UK) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper TX3 Evo 43.1 CFM CPU Cooler  (£15.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 ATX AM3+ Motherboard  (£51.99 @ Ebuyer) 
Memory: Patriot Viper 3 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (£52.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: A-Data Premier SP550 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£33.95 @ More Computers) 
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R7 360 2GB Video Card  (£82.98 @ Ebuyer) 
Case: BitFenix Nova ATX Mid Tower Case  (£26.99 @ Novatech) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£70.97 @ Amazon UK) 
Total: £443.77
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-03-31 12:59 BST+0100

OMG Your Everywhere Thanks So Much I Have Some Old HDD's I Can Stick In There Too And Its Under My Budget! Thanks!

Just now, Julian2000nl said:

Minecraft is a simple game and you don't really need lot's power to run a server. Im a ex-owner of a server and im planning on opening a new server this year.

Minecraft servers take up loads of RAM, you should buy like 8gigs.

For the cpu, get the FX-6300

Yup I Know I Already Have An fx - 6300 In My Rig. I Could Use That And Have A 8320 In My Main Rig. Or Buy Another fx 6300.

Nvidia Is Better Than AMD In Reliability BTW :D

10 minutes ago, Julian2000nl said:

Minecraft is a simple game and you don't really need lot's power to run a server. Im a ex-owner of a server and im planning on opening a new server this year.

Minecraft servers take up loads of RAM, you should buy like 8gigs.

For the cpu, get the FX-6300

16 gb for a minecraft server is better i think, since it's only 40 euros more, idk what that is in pounds

53 minutes ago, TheGroovyMiner said:

I'm just going to warn you not to go ahead and buy server equipment for a game that you'll get bored of within a month's, if not a week's, time.

I'd advise you just using a hosting service.. it'll probably cost the same in the end.

p.s. You Don't Need To Capitalize The Letter At The Beginning Of Every Word.

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

1 minute ago, mikat said:

16 gb for a minecraft server is better i think, since it's only 40 euros more, idk what that is in pounds

16 gbs Is About £60 so £30 More Expensive.

2 minutes ago, Crowes said:

I'm just going to warn you not to go ahead and buy server equipment for a game that you'll get bored of within a month's, if not a week's, time.

I'd advise you just using a hosting service.. it'll probably cost the same in the end.

p.s. You Don't Need To Capitalize The Letter At The Beginning Of Every Word.

Fine i won't

I also need storage and don't want to use a hoster because i will need storage fast not slower over my 17 mbs download speed. The minecraft server is just for my friends to play on and have a bit of fun.

The build above looks really good, though I'd get a board with builtin graphics so save a bit on cost and energy: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA6ZP3R87662

16gb of ram even with plugins for 10 players will be ample, worse case scenario just turn own the visibility range so fewer chunks are loaded in to ram, and don't allow blocks that keep chunks loaded in ram (only if ram runs out).

Vanilla server would run on a potato. Hosting for a 10 player vanilla server is usually $5/m.

2 hours ago, Mikensan said:

The build above looks really good, though I'd get a board with builtin graphics so save a bit on cost and energy: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA6ZP3R87662

16gb of ram even with plugins for 10 players will be ample, worse case scenario just turn own the visibility range so fewer chunks are loaded in to ram, and don't allow blocks that keep chunks loaded in ram (only if ram runs out).

Vanilla server would run on a potato. Hosting for a 10 player vanilla server is usually $5/m.

I Have 8gbs Of Ram Spare So Thats COvered. I Have A Spare 620 So I Will Use That.