[PC BUILD] WORKSTATION \ GAMING

Hello to everyone !

At the moment I don't have any computer to work with or to do anything else, so I wanted to build one, specially for work. One of the main question I had was if I would wait for new launches, PASCAL GPU for example, or should I just buy what the actual market offers. 

I plan to work with Adobe packages, 3D programms, basically multimedia content and developing stuff, alot of multitasking.

Bellow there's a link to what parts I'm trying to build a computer with.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/hzVd4D

• Budget is around 2000-2500€;
  • I dont need any peripherals, monitor or OS;
  • My doubt is if everything is compatible. I read that the ram I choose isn't the best for x99 plataform because of quad-channel, not sure I understand what they wanted to say;
  • Another thing is that the 1000w PSU is for a future upgrade SLI or future builds;
  • I will add later a HDD, most likely WD BLACK 4TB.

Thanks for the time reading this and answering

Cheers,

NC

Just now, nmacedocunha said:

Hello to everyone !

At the moment I don't have any computer to work with or to do anything else, so I wanted to build one, specially for work. One of the main question I had was if I would wait for new launches, PASCAL GPU for example, or should I just buy what the actual market offers. 

I plan to work with Adobe packages, 3D programms, basically multimedia content and developing stuff, alot of multitasking.

Bellow there's a link to what parts I'm trying to build a computer with.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/hzVd4D

• Budget is around 2000-2500€;
  • I dont need any peripherals, monitor or OS;
  • My doubt is if everything is compatible. I read that the ram I choose isn't the best on for x99 plataform because of quad-channel, not sure I understand what they wanted to say;
  • Another thing is that the 1000w PSU is for a future upgrade SLI or future builds;
  • I will add later a HDD, most likely WD BLACK 4TB.

Thanks for the time reading this and answering

Cheers,

NC

New Pascal GPU is rumored to be reveal next week on 5th April at GTC, so wait 1 more week or so.

The build itself seem fine for me. Why not 4x8GB instead of 8x4GB like that?

My rig: Intel Core i7 4790k | MSI Z97 PC Mate | GSKILL Ripjaws X 16GB 1866MHz | ADATA Premier SP550 480GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB  | MSI Gaming X GTX 1070 | Thermaltake Versa N21 | Corsair CX550M Semi Modular PSU | AOC G2460PF 144Hz | Logitech G502 | GSKILL Ripjaws KM780  | GAMDIAS HEPHAESTUS V2  PCPartPicker | Old Build Log | New Build Log

1 minute ago, Megazero said:

New Pascal GPU is rumored to be reveal next week on 5th April at GTC, so wait 1 more week or so.

The build itself seem fine for me. Why not 4x8GB instead of 8x4GB like that?

I prefer the 8x4GB to fill all the memory slots

On 29.11.2015 at 0:40 PM, revsilverspine said:

So, I’m getting 16 gigs of RAM. 2x8 or 4x4?

Always 2x8, and that’s for a couple of reasons:

#1: More room for future expansion. If your 16 gigs turn out not to be enough, you’ll have room to buy another two 8 gig sticks further down the line. If you go the 4x4 way, you’ll find yourself either shelving the 4 sticks you have in order to upgrade or just end up selling them. In the long run, you’ll be spending more money on ram.

#2: Latency. sort of. If you’re using 4 sticks of memory, you’ll have a CL on each of them. Same goes for 2 sticks. But overall you’ll benefit more from only having two latency points rather than four.

as revsilverspine said filling all slots is bad for you CL to reduce your latency points

Spoiler

CPU i7 4790K 4,7Ghz Cooling:Corsair H100iGTX+Noctua NF-F12PWM GPU: EVGA 1080ti SC+ ACX2.0+ RAM:16GB DDR3 1866mhz Crucial Balistics Tactical Tracer Mobo:ASUS Z97-AR PSU:EVGA 750W G2 Supernova Case:Fractal Meshify C Storage:500GB Samsung 850 evo, 900GB Toshiba Game Storage SSD, 2TB Data HDD

i7 4790k Devils Canyon OC @4,6Ghz,Cooler Corsair h100i GTX, GPU EVGA 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0+ @ stoc

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/278610-display-technology-faqmythbuster/

The RAM you picked seems overpriced as well, pretty sure you can get 16 GB for 60-80 dollars even with good speeds. And you can save around 100 dollars by getting a air cooled version of the 980t which would still be pretty decent. This way you can afford a better CPU if you would like perhaps.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

31 minutes ago, Bl00dgod said:

as revsilverspine said filling all slots is bad for you CL to reduce your latency points

woop. Nice to see my buyer's guide is actually useful D:

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

34 minutes ago, Bl00dgod said:

Internet is indeed confusing.. some say its best to fill all slots for faster and more shared memory.. but thank you !

4 minutes ago, revsilverspine said:

yesterday i just tripped over it while reading the "gpu leak" topic

i would also say that 1000watt is overkill

instead of going sli i'd say get a more powerfull GPU instead of 2, and i bet the new generation of GPU need less wattage so you could take a 750w

Spoiler

CPU i7 4790K 4,7Ghz Cooling:Corsair H100iGTX+Noctua NF-F12PWM GPU: EVGA 1080ti SC+ ACX2.0+ RAM:16GB DDR3 1866mhz Crucial Balistics Tactical Tracer Mobo:ASUS Z97-AR PSU:EVGA 750W G2 Supernova Case:Fractal Meshify C Storage:500GB Samsung 850 evo, 900GB Toshiba Game Storage SSD, 2TB Data HDD

i7 4790k Devils Canyon OC @4,6Ghz,Cooler Corsair h100i GTX, GPU EVGA 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0+ @ stoc

17 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

The RAM you picked seems overpriced as well, pretty sure you can get 16 GB for 60-80 dollars even with good speeds. And you can save around 100 dollars by getting a air cooled version of the 980t which would still be pretty decent. This way you can afford a better CPU if you would like perhaps.

I got a nice deal on the rams that way I wanted to check if they are compatible for x99 plataform or not because the dual channel

8 minutes ago, chiwas said:

3 cooler master products in high-end build :o

Why suprised? xD

5 minutes ago, revsilverspine said:

Can you link me the guide ?

1 minute ago, nmacedocunha said:

Can you link me the guide ?

It's in my sig, but here you go: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/495974-guide-ram-buyers-guide/

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

read his signature ;)

Spoiler

Just now, revsilverspine said:

It's in my sig, but here you go: 

Blind moment there ahah thank you anyways !

Why suprised? xD

I'll just say that I have zero positive experience with CM products.

3 minutes ago, Bl00dgod said:

yesterday i just tripped over it while reading the "gpu leak" topic

i would also say that 1000watt is overkill

instead of going sli i'd say get a more powerfull GPU instead of 2, and i bet the new generation of GPU need less wattage so you could take a 750w

so.. Titan X? is it worth the money?

so.. Titan X? is it worth the money?

No, its a 980ti for 350 more. It performs almost the same in most games and the lack of non reference designs makes it a bad choice. 

Pascal laptops guide

2 minutes ago, chiwas said:

I'll just say that I have zero positive experience with CM products.

Well the case is just a case, the PSU I read on jonnyguru and the review said It was good.

As far the cooler just saw some things and the cooling was nice compared to other coolers. 

However you kinda scared me now !!! hmm O.o

6 minutes ago, nmacedocunha said:

I got a nice deal on the rams that way I wanted to check if they are compatible for x99 plataform or not because the dual channel

So their not 100 dollars for each 16GB? Their price seems absurd. 

Pascal laptops guide

1 minute ago, Castdeath97 said:

No, its a 980ti for 350 more. It performs almost the same in most games and the lack of non reference designs makes it a bad choice. 

Yeah I had the same ideia

Just now, Castdeath97 said:

So their not 100 dollars for each 16GB? Their price seems absurd. 

Forgot to mention that the prices dont apply to my country.. RAM prices are absurd they are 170$ each 16gb. but I got them around 110-120$ I think