Help Buying Used GPU

SillyKitty

I have a 780 ti Superclocked from my custom build I did 1.5 years ago. I'd really like to just find another 780 ti to SLI with instead of dropping $1400 on a 980 ti SLI or a Titan X. The only 780 ti's I could find online were used and the idea of buying a used GPU makes me lose sleep at night. If you were me, what would you do? What would your thought process be?

IMG_0103.JPG

Get an EVGA one off kijiji/craigslist and dont lose sleep because of the excellent transferable warranty.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

1 minute ago, thekeemo said:

Get an EVGA one and dont lose sleep.

Should I not worry about if the previous owner overclocked the hell out of it and ran it into the ground with heavy use?

Its not to bad buying a used video card but if I remember what Luke said in a Scrapyard Wars video correctly look for keywords that indicate if it was heavily used and may not be up to snuff like folding at home. And if I got that wrong just be careful.

Just now, SillyKitty said:

Should I not worry about if the previous owner overclocked the hell out of it and ran it into the ground with heavy use?

Yes worry if thats the case.

10 minutes ago, SillyKitty said:

As long as there is no physical damage or any other warranty voiding thing yes.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.