wd black or wd blue

yougottrolled5

i am upgrading my pc with a new hdd for a game drive. im looking at a 1tb wd black for $74, and a 2tb wd blue for $77. which do you think is more worth it? thank you for your advice.

wd blacks are for NO CHANCE OF FAIL machines, just get a 1 tb Caviar Blue and save like $30

2 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

2TB WD Blue. The performance increase on the WD Black isn't worth the lower capacity. 

The increased storage is better than the performance increase from the Black drive and if you're storing games on it they dont need that extra performance.

i was going to get the 1tb blue, but then i saw for around $20 more i could get another tb

8 hours ago, carlospicywiener said:

~snip~

Hello there :)

Gaming doesn't really rely on the storage's performance for anything but the loading times so you are not likely to see any differences in the graphics or the FPS. 

The 2TB version of the WD Blue is a 5,400rpm drive while the WD Black is a 7,200rpm performance-oriented HDD. for pure gaming purposes you shouldn't see differences. Are you planning on doing anything else?

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/