Sleep

Thecomputerman
1 minute ago, wcreek said:

During the school year, 10:30p to 11:30p. Over summer well I used to stay up until 4a but my tender old age of 16 has made it hard to stay up that late, so I usually stay up until about 1a or 2a.

Well that's normal !

Spoiler

2 hours ago, SansVarnic said:

24hr clock

12:00 pm

12:00 P.M. is 1200. 12:00 A.M. is 0000. There is no 2400. Sorry had to point that out.

It's always a good day if you woke up breathing.

6 hours ago, Griffscavern said:

12:00 P.M. is 1200. 12:00 A.M. is 0000. There is no 2400. Sorry had to point that out.

Thanks!

I go to bed usually around 1am-4am, but this week I've been doing morning shifts, so I have to wake up at 5am, so I've gotten to bed before midnight.

Do not feed.

12 hours ago, Howlingwolf101 said:

10:30 is when I go to bed but I don't fall asleep until 12 or so because of facebook, 9gag, and uhh other things... 

Woot, a fellow 9gagger! :D

Btw, my sleeping time is around 10-11pm. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

Whenever. Sometimes it's 10pm, sometimes it's 2am. Depends on how I am feeling. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Somewhere between 11pm and 5am. Time flies when you're playing games. I try getting in bed before 2am, though.

18 hours ago, Griffscavern said:

11 hours ago, Thecomputerman said:

Thanks!

A 24 hr clock uses 0000-2400. 2400 is used to note the end of the day. 0000 is used to note the beginning of the day.

I used this clock for 12 years in the service so ye I do know what I am talking about. ;)

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

1 minute ago, SansVarnic said:

A 24 hr clock uses 0000-2400. 2400 is used to note the end of the day. 0000 is used to note the beginning of the day.

I used this clock for 12 years in the service so ye I do know what I am talking about. ;)

I understand your point, I was also in the military, USMC, it was 0000-2359.59. If you count out 0000-2400 in minutes, you would see that the total there adds up to 2401 minutes. Too many. Not trying to start an argument, you're entitled to your opinion as am I. :)

Think of it like the 20th century was marked from 1900-1999. Why wouldn't that have been the 19th century instead? Because the starting year is always marked at year zero. Making everything from 0-99 the first century. Not sure if I'm explaining it OK or not.

Just now, Griffscavern said:

I understand your point, I was also in the military, USMC, it was 0000.00-2359.59. If you count out 0000-2400 in minutes, you would see that the total there adds up to 2401 minutes. Too many. Not trying to start an argument, you're entitled to your opinion as am I. :)

Think of it like the 20th century was marked from 1900-1999. Why wouldn't that have been the 19th century instead? Because the starting year is always marked at year zero. Making everything from 0-99 the first century. Not sure if I'm explaining it OK or not.

I go to sleep around 2-3 AM .

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

32 minutes ago, Griffscavern said:

I understand your point, I was also in the military, USMC, it was 0000-2359.59. If you count out 0000-2400 in minutes, you would see that the total there adds up to 2401 minutes. Too many. Not trying to start an argument, you're entitled to your opinion as am I. :)

Not so much an opinion. Like I said it notes the end of the day, esp. when you notate on reports and such. A lot of people will miss this (but I am fairly technical to a degree) so no argument here. ;) When you read a clock it is 2359-0000 as the clock never shows the 2400. I just have a habit of using the 2400 instead of 0000 when referring to end of day. *shrugs*

You second point is quite valid and correct so I wont ague against as I have explained that many times myself to many people as well.

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

6 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

Not so much an opinion. Like I said it notes the end of the day, esp. when you notate on reports and such. A lot of people will miss this (but I am fairly technical to a degree) so no argument here. ;) When you read a clock it is 2359-0000 as the clock never shows the 2400. I just have a habit of using the 2400 instead of 0000 when referring to end of day. *shrugs*

You second point is quite valid and I wont ague against as I have explained that many times myself to many people as well.

Totally understand your point. Plus telling a civilian that it's 0000 kinda confuses them. ;)

I've also been teaching my son military time and the military phoenetics alphabet too. Not sure why, just felt it would be something for him to know. Don't want him to join the military, but I leave that choice up to him. 

Just now, Griffscavern said:

Totally understand your point. Plus telling a civilian that it's 0000 kinda confused them. ;)

I've also been teaching my son military time and the military phoenetics alphabet too. Not sure why, just felt it would be something for him go know. Don't want him to join the military, bit I leave that choice up to him. 

I do this as well with my family. My second girl wants to join when she grows up (she is 7) even tho I am against it, at least anything combat, I agree it is her choice to make.

I cannot remember but I think parts of Canada and some country's in Europe use the 24hr clock as a standard instead of the 12hr clock.

Could somebody confirm this?

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

2 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

I do this as well with my family. My second girl wants to join when she grows up (she is 7) even tho I am against it, at least anything combat, I agree it is her choice to make.

I cannot remember but I think parts of Canada and some country's in Europe use the 24hr clock as a standard instead of the 12hr clock.

Could somebody confirm this?

I'm not sure about other countries, but I do wish the U.S. would make the 24 hour clock a standard. In my opinion it's more accurate and people wouldn't have to ask "is that A.M. or P.M.?'

2 minutes ago, Griffscavern said:

I'm not sure about other countries, but I do wish the U.S. would make the 24 hour clock a standard. In my opinion it's more accurate and people wouldn't have to ask "is that A.M. or P.M.?'

I Completely Agree.

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER