Iphone 7 vs S7 Edge vs M10

I need to buy a new phone after almost 3years with an old LG. My first thought was s7/s7 edge but after some research i found that htc m10 and iphone 7 are still to be released and i dont know if they are worth waitng or not. Also i never used ios that much and id like to know what are the strenghts and weaknesses that ios has over the android.

Honestly I would say go for the G5... Replaceable battery is important for me and if I remember correctly the S7 does not have that option. That is why I personally got the G4.

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

*inb4 poop flinging*

The iPhone 7 won't be coming out until September, and I seriously doubt HTC will bring anything to the table...they've been doing pretty poorly. I honestly wouldn't bother waiting. 

Android is more customizable and iOS is good if you have a mac/ipad/other Apple products. The two are basically the same for 99% of things with just slightly different feels. So I would recommend going to an Apple store and just playing around for a half hour and seeing which you like the feel of better (ios or Android).

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

If you have never used iOS (im guessing you used android?) I would suggest you stick with android stuff.  

The iphone 7 is rumored to not have a headphone jack so any headphones you might want to use with it that have cords would be wasted.

And i dont know if other people have noticed/have this problem but iOS 8-9 seem to have a ton of problems for me at least.  My 6+ crashes at lest 3-7 times a day.

Take a look at the LG G5.

Strengths:

1. If it has a good community it will live on forever
  2. There is almost nothing you cant change (including using ubuntu instead of android)
  3. More application support
  4. You can actually see folders
  5. No need for software to transfer files
  6. Lots of variation between one model and the next
  7. You can roll back versions of android

Weaknesses:

1. if it has a bad community it will not have support in 2 years (unless nexus)
  2. "Less secure"
  3. Lots of variation between one model and the next
  4. Dont always look as good
  5. Accessories come later for them if at all

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

3 minutes ago, Numbafieve said:

And i dont know if other people have noticed/have this problem but iOS 8-9 seem to have a ton of problems for me at least.  My 6+ crashes at lest 3-7 times a day.

I haven't had a single crash in the last three years with iOS (always running the latest version -- a month after it's released). So that's a bit strange. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Just now, djdwosk97 said:

I haven't had a single crash in the last three years with iOS (always running the latest version -- a month after it's released). So that's a bit strange. 

Yah i have gone through 2 phones and have even started fresh not using my backups.  Always bugs and crashes daily.  My iphone 5 was awesome and still runs better than any phone in our house

5 hours ago, djdwosk97 said:

*inb4 poop flinging*

The iPhone 7 won't be coming out until September, and I seriously doubt HTC will bring anything to the table...they've been doing pretty poorly. I honestly wouldn't bother waiting. 

Android is more customizable and iOS is good if you have a mac/ipad/other Apple products. The two are basically the same for 99% of things with just slightly different feels. So I would recommend going to an Apple store and just playing around for a half hour and seeing which you like the feel of better (ios or Android).

Actually I think they are planning a revamp.  Also the an tutu benchmarks are higher than anything else out.  Htc has always made the fastest phones.

S7 is the best. Mainly, because the others arent released yet.

However, some tendencies to HTC:

- Will use Sony exmos 377 sensor, which should be the same sensor as the Nexus 5x/6p. (So, first time in many years, the Camera won't Suck)

- 3000 mAh battery

- 5,15" Screen, LCD, 1440p

- Finally not such a bad body/screen ratio. But no dual speakers anymore

- Design looks pretty nice. But depends, how these edges sit in the hand.

i've moved from the One M8 (Sense 7!!) to the S7 edge (Touchwiz). And honestly, in the overall package, i think Touchwiz is better.

Idk how Sense 8 with SD 820 will perform, but feature wise... Touchwiz has some really nice stuff. let alone the Screenshot funktion, where you can extend it further down. For example, you screenshot a whole article, and have one ass long screenshot stitched together, like a Panorama screenshot.

I am not missing one Sense 7 feature so far.

@ smeek14: Antutu doesnt say anything, tbh. Antutu also said, the Snapdragon 820 version of the s7 will be much faster than the Exynos one. And what happened?

In most graphic benches, they were almost identical, Exynos version has a much longer battery life, faster performance (opening apps), and a better ram Management

If HTC overclocked the SD 820 to reach highest Benchmark numbers, you can make sure, it will either consume more Power, or be hotter. Or both^^

Wait for the first tests, then decide, i would say.

Right now, i would wait for LG and HTC, and some first Reviews. Then Decide.

The iPhone 7 is meant to go up against the S8 of next year. HTC has a pretty poor record lately and doesn't really have much money to compete with Samsung to deliver a flagship that is well rounded and complete. I recommend both the S7 and the S7E. As many reviews have shown, they are the best phones that money can buy. The battery life is excellent too (I had to factory reset mine to get good battery life; almost doubled).  I have the Verizon snapdragon S7. 

Screenshot_20160330-191231.png