Glass tubing build

i was thinking about doing a Glass tubing build because i love the way that it looks and i do not have the tools for a regular hardline build i had three questions: where can i get the tubing, two risk of leak compered to other forms of cooling, and three how much maintenance it required 

have you seen Jayztwocents guide he just posted today?

Jay just posted this 2 hours ago 

glass would cost you 4x more than hardline will

glass is expensive and near impossible to be shipped without damage, extremely high cost and much other risks 

Just now, Toxicknight79 said:

have you seen Jayztwocents guide he just posted today?

Jay just posted this 2 hours ago 

i did it was just cutting it though and i wanted to know other factors that he does not discuse

1. Depends on where you live

2. There is always a risk of leaking, that's just something you have to keep in mind with every WC loop, even AIO closed ones.

If you take your time, do it right, leaktest in safe conditions and keep an eye on it, you should be fine.

3. If you have done it right it shouldn't cause extra maintenance compared to other custom loops. 

What exacly basic maintenance is, i don't know, but i would clean the loop every year and fill it up with new fluid.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

1 minute ago, samcool55 said:

2. There is always a risk of leaking, that's just something you have to keep in mind with every WC loop, even AIO closed ones.

If you take your time, do it right, leaktest in safe conditions and keep an eye on it, you should be fine.

3. If you have done it right it shouldn't cause extra maintenance compared to other custom loops. 

What exacly basic maintenance is, i don't know, but i would clean the loop every year and fill it up with new fluid.

ok thanks

From what He said , it stays clear,, and more rigid than acrylic.  why not contact him on twitter or facebook, he probably will reply.

1 minute ago, samcool55 said:

southern california 

Just now, millerb415 said:

southern california 

I can't help you with locating tubes in that case =/ I live on the other side of the world so i have no idea where you could get them.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Just now, samcool55 said:

I can't help you with locating tubes in that case =/ I live on the other side of the world so i have no idea where you could get them.

boo o well i can figure that out

Not worth it. Go petg or acryl. Whatever is cheapest usually petg. Acryl look as good as glass. Unless you want it to last forever i guess? there is no point to use glass.

The only benefits of glass is that it's clearer, and it will not stain or scratch as easily, and is compatible with every coolant commercially available.

Benefits of PETG are that it's really easy to work with, is more forgiving, is able to be bent (saving money on fittings) and is cheaper.

Acrylic is cheaper yet and slightly more compatible with coolants than PETG, but can be brittle (not REALLY a big deal in a case) and is slightly more difficult to bend than PETG. It is also more clear than PETG, but not as clear as glass.

the only place i know of where to buy glass or most watercooling stuff in the states here is Performance PCs they have mayhems glass tubing .

direct link to the 13mm od : here