Why isn't there a headphone company founded and based in Finland ?

Ridska

Ridska here, 

My dream is to build a headphone company in Finland and let my brand be known around Europe. But as I ponder on how to get started with that , A question has risen from my head , Why isn't there any headphone brands or company's founded or based in Finland ? I mean sure we are a small country if you compare it to others but other industrys has risen from this small country of ours.. Surely I am not the only one who has thought about making headphone company in Finland.... Right ?

And I am giving a challenge to this forum , Find a headphone brand that is based in Finland  and founded in Finland( loud speakers don't apply cuz Genelec ) .

Now I am not a far left nationalist , Just curious weather some one else beat me to the punch.

The reward will be me showing you or linking this one list that one dude made of him reviewing 351 IEM'S.

Thanks and stay groovie.

(⌐■_■) 

Why isn't there one in Mexico?

Africa?

every where else?

There probably has been people that have tried to start headphone companies but they've failed so you haven't heard of them. It's pretty hard to get into the industry considering the giants like Bose and Sennheiser dominate the market. Don't let this discourage you, good luck with your headphone ventures

1 minute ago, Gusisboosted said:

Why isn't there one in Mexico?

Africa?

every where else?

EU is a first world country. Our neighbour Germany and France have there brand ,  Hell even the dennish have couple of brands.

(⌐■_■) 

Uh, probably because there aren't that many headphone companies period? And there are a lot of countries in the world?

Developing headphones in-house requires a lot of engineering, funding, and yes, a good ear. Consider a small, boutique headphone company like Audeze - hundreds of thousands of dollars of lab equipment, R&D, and that's only because they've been wildly successful in the audiophile market.

On the other end of the spectrum you have a company like Beats who arguably had an even more difficult model - sell a headphone irregardless of sound quality OR price; hook into a market demographic and focus on fashion/culture to sell products.

When you really look, there just aren't that many headphone companies. A small company like Beyerdynamic has been around for 90 years; they're established and well-known and have a lot of market penetration into areas besides just headphones.

Lots of folks have started, but the problem is.... they can't Finnish 

9_9 sorry, that was really bad

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

2 minutes ago, SSL said:

Uh, probably because there aren't that many headphone companies period? And there are a lot of countries in the world?

Developing headphones in-house requires a lot of engineering, funding, and yes, a good ear. Consider a small, boutique headphone company like Audeze - hundreds of thousands of dollars of lab equipment, R&D, and that's only because they've been wildly successful in the audiophile market.

On the other end of the spectrum you have a company like Beats who arguably had an even more difficult model - sell a headphone irregardless of sound quality OR price; hook into a market demographic and focus on fashion/culture to sell products.

When you really look, there just aren't that many headphone companies. A small company like Beyerdynamic has been around for 90 years; they're established and well-known and have a lot of market penetration into areas besides just headphones.

So in short the market has been in a kind of a stalemate state...?

(⌐■_■) 

8 minutes ago, Ridska said:

There's so much you can improve in headphones, making good headphones for the price usually works, but current competition in most price brackets is pretty steep, and lets be honest would you rather save 10$ and buy "Pillu" brand you never heard of or just go for the established g430 or clouds, same with next tier and tier after that. You can of course also add RBGs, which make everything better... In some people's minds at least

1 hour ago, Ridska said:

Not so much stalemate as saturation. The market for headphones isn't huge, and Beats, Plantronics, and Sennheiser have most of it. Audiophile shit from any company is a tiny fraction.

8 minutes ago, SSL said:

Not so much stalemate as saturation. The market for headphones isn't huge, and Beats, Plantronics, and Sennheiser have most of it. Audiophile shit from any company is a tiny fraction.

Seems like there May be more small speaker companys, making their own stuff.

I plan to go into an Audio related field, and hope to start a small business selling speakers and/or headphones in the future.

Ssl, i promise if i start a headphone and/or speaker company, i will send you a free pair to review.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

3 hours ago, Un4tural said:

There's so much you can improve in headphones, making good headphones for the price usually works, but current competition in most price brackets is pretty steep, and lets be honest would you rather save 10$ and buy "Pillu" brand you never heard of or just go for the established g430 or clouds, same with next tier and tier after that. You can of course also add RBGs, which make everything better... In some people's minds at least

99% sure they aren't going to make shitty, flashy gaming headphones.

3 hours ago, spwath said:

I plan to go into an Audio related field, and hope to start a small business selling speakers and/or headphones in the future.

Ssl, i promise if i start a headphone and/or speaker company, i will send you a free pair to review.

Free shit? I expect to be made chair of the board.

3 hours ago, TheCovertCamper said:

99% sure they aren't going to make shitty, flashy gaming headphones.

didn't mean it like that, simply, unless they crush price/quality or come up with something really interesting, it'd be extremely hard to take off. i meant as there's no shortage of headphones for any price point, be it shitty rgb ones or decent quality stuff. There's a lot that goes into marketing etc. not saying i wouldn't consider a new brand/manufacturer, just saying it'd be hard for a new guy to compete with something worthwhile and of good quality. There's probably cheap and cheerful headphones at similar quality both sound and build as say clouds or logitech sets, that nobody is really buying because they're buried in a sea of sheit.

6 hours ago, spwath said:

If you have a name for that company , PM me and let me know.

(⌐■_■)