Humming sound from pc.

xgn

Hello. I just got super quite fans. I also changed a failing harddrive. But now my last issue is humming noise. I think maybe its coming from the motherboard. If so only solution is to change it which i wont now.

humming? or buzzing?

is it coil whine?

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

1 minute ago, Moonzy said:

humming? or buzzing?

is it coil whine?

Its a constant sounds not sure how to describe it.

1 minute ago, xgn said:

Its a constant sounds not sure how to describe it.

is it possible to record it?

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

sometimes vibrations (even very minimal ones) do very weird things, for example, in a define R5, specific hard drives in specific hard drive bay slots can cause the bottom fan filter to vibrate, while other hard drives cause the door to hum when closed.

the way to decide what's humming (in case of mechanical hum, this doesnt work for coil whine) is hold different parts around your build that could potentially make sound: fan filters, hard drives, hard drive cages, and so on. while you do so you listen, if the hum changes or goes away when you hold a specific part, that part is at fault, and then its a matter of finding where to add dampeners.

8 minutes ago, manikyath said:

sometimes vibrations (even very minimal ones) do very weird things, for example, in a define R5, specific hard drives in specific hard drive bay slots can cause the bottom fan filter to vibrate, while other hard drives cause the door to hum when closed.

the way to decide what's humming (in case of mechanical hum, this doesnt work for coil whine) is hold different parts around your build that could potentially make sound: fan filters, hard drives, hard drive cages, and so on. while you do so you listen, if the hum changes or goes away when you hold a specific part, that part is at fault, and then its a matter of finding where to add dampeners.

Tried that still dont know what it is. But one fan is under the harddrive cage with 3cm clearance so that could be why. but its on a radiator i need. I noticed there is a tube which is vibrating but i dont think that is the problem.