Computer not working.

Dagur

So, i have this tower (around 2-3 years old) and recently it stopped working. I press the power button but nothing happens. I have checked to see if everything is connected properly and attempted to troubleshoot it multiple times. I really wish i could get my PC working again so if any of you have some tips or tricks for me, that would be fantastic.

Maybe try disassembling your PC and reassembling it again and see if it works then?

Novus Anima

CPU - 4670K @ 4.2 GHz | Motherboard - ASUS Z97-PRO | CPU Cooler - Corsair H105 

RAM - Corsair Vengeance (4x4GB) | GPU - EVGA GTX 1060 SSC  

Storage - Samsung M.2 64GB SSD, PNY 240GB SSD , WD 1TB Caviar Blue, WD 500GB HDD

PSU - EVGA 650W G2 | Peripherals - Logitech G710, Logitech G602 

Laptops

MacBook Pro Mid-2011 

Surface Pro 3

1. Have you started off with the basics? Switched to another power socket, tried another power cable, the power button connectors are actually plugged in ect.

2. Are you sure there's absolutely no cables dislodged anywhere?

3. Do you perhaps have any other PSUs around?? 

4. I don't know what's the actual problem as it doesn't even start...

I think you should send me some skyr...the only thing I can think of currently that's icelandic...

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

1 hour ago, Dagur said:

So, i have this tower (around 2-3 years old) and recently it stopped working. I press the power button but nothing happens. I have checked to see if everything is connected properly and attempted to troubleshoot it multiple times. I really wish i could get my PC working again so if any of you have some tips or tricks for me, that would be fantastic.

You posted in the wrong section, there's a section called "troubleshooting".

What do you mean by " attempted to troubleshoot multiple times " ? It's very vague. Tell us what you tried.

Start with Mr.Meerkat suggestions, also check if the PSU is working by itself (Google "how to jump a PSU").

If the PSU work, check if the power switch on the front panel is the problem (you don't have to test the switch itself, you can start the PC by connecting the leads on the motherboard)

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

1 hour ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

1. Have you started off with the basics? Switched to another power socket, tried another power cable, the power button connectors are actually plugged in ect.

2. Are you sure there's absolutely no cables dislodged anywhere?

3. Do you perhaps have any other PSUs around?? 

4. I don't know what's the actual problem as it doesn't even start...

I think you should send me some skyr...the only thing I can think of currently that's icelandic...

I have looked at the connectors for the power button and they're all connected. I'm going to completely reassemble my computer and i will update this thread if i succeed or not. 

2 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

You posted in the wrong section, there's a section called "troubleshooting".

What do you mean by " attempted to troubleshoot multiple times " ? It's very vague. Tell us what you tried.

Start with Mr.Meerkat suggestions, also check if the PSU is working by itself (Google "how to jump a PSU").

If the PSU work, check if the power switch on the front panel is the problem (you don't have to test the switch itself, you can start the PC by connecting the leads on the motherboard)

Thank you very much on this tip. I'm very new to this forum so i am terribly sorry for posting on the wrong page. I will check if the PSU and the power button is working and if not, i will completely reassemble my computer.

6 minutes ago, Dagur said:

Thank you very much on this tip. I'm very new to this forum so i am terribly sorry for posting on the wrong page. I will check if the PSU and the power button is working and if not, i will completely reassemble my computer.

No need to be sorry it's all good. If the PSU died, be sure to get a reliable one and be ready for more damages, it's not uncommon for a dying PSU to kill other parts. Happened to me once.

1 minute ago, wkdpaul said:

No need to be sorry it's all good. If the PSU died, be sure to get a reliable one and be ready for more damages, it's not uncommon for a dying PSU to kill other parts. Happened to me once.

Agreed, my friend's cx750 blew up and it took his gtx 770 and i7 3770k after him only owning it for 3 months...luckily corsair replaced everything plus gave him a RM850 :D 

2 hours ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Agreed, my friend's cx750 blew up and it took his gtx 770 and i7 3770k after him only owning it for 3 months...luckily corsair replaced everything plus gave him a RM850 :D 

I wasn't that lucky ... it was a long time ago and back then my Antec was out of warranty (it took my motherboard and RAM)

1 minute ago, wkdpaul said:

I wasn't that lucky ... it was a long time ago and back then my Antec was out of warranty (it took my motherboard and RAM)

Well he was out with a computer for 1 month and had to rebuild it but he got a free upgrade on his PSU so...

13 hours ago, wkdpaul said:

I have done some tests and found out that my psu is working. When i try to connect it to the motherboard with only 4gb ram and the CPU + CPU fan connected, it wont boot.

Tried resetting the cmos?

3 hours ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Tried resetting the cmos?

Yes, i tried that