High Encoding while Streaming The Division

Go to solution Solved by Samfisher,
Just now, Jerahmy said:

I understand that. the stream is fine until it get to high encoding then it starts to freeze. Before that its fine and is smooth.

Well it's obvious isn't it lol.  It just means your CPU is struggling to do both at the same time.  Either reduce the res you stream at/lower encode bitrate/use GPU-acceleration instead of x264 etc

When ever I try and stream The Division, I get a High Encoding message and the stream starts to freeze. I was wondering if there was a way to fix this.

SPECS:

CPU: I5-6600k (Not oc'ed)

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970

RAM: Crucial 8gb (DDR4)

Rest you can see on my profile.

Thanks,

Jerahmy

EDIT: I am using OBS

1 minute ago, Jerahmy said:

When ever I try and stream The Division, I get a High Encoding message and the stream starts to freeze. I was wondering if there was a way to fix this.

SPECS:

CPU: I5-6600k (Not oc'ed)

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970

RAM: Crucial 8gb (DDR4)

Rest you can see on my profile.

Thanks,

Jerahmy

are you using shadowplay to steam to twitch?

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

Just now, SeanAngelo said:

are you using shadowplay to steam to twitch?

I forgot to mention that, I am using OBS.

Well, streaming is a very CPU intensive game, and so is Division/games.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Just now, Samfisher said:

Well, streaming is a very CPU intensive game, and so is Division/games.

I understand that. the stream is fine until it get to high encoding then it starts to freeze. Before that its fine and is smooth.

3 minutes ago, Jerahmy said:

I forgot to mention that, I am using OBS.

streaming is quite intensive and playing the division makes it even more intensive so thats why it might be freezing.

try shadowplay.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

Just now, Jerahmy said:

Well it's obvious isn't it lol.  It just means your CPU is struggling to do both at the same time.  Either reduce the res you stream at/lower encode bitrate/use GPU-acceleration instead of x264 etc

Just now, Samfisher said:

I will give the GPU acceleration a try and see if that works. If it does I will report back.

6 minutes ago, Samfisher said:

Either reduce the res you stream at/lower encode bitrate/use GPU-acceleration instead of x264 etc

Using GPU-acceleration seems to fix it. I'm able to stream without getting the error. Thank you.

37 minutes ago, Jerahmy said:

Using GPU-acceleration seems to fix it. I'm able to stream without getting the error. Thank you.

You will however need to compensate with higher bitrate if you use GPU-acceleration cos the quality isn't that great.